"Shed" build

shaneymack

You guys with the little kids! My boys are 23 and 21...

I don't think I could handle having little kids at home anymore...

My boys will be encouraged to leave home and become independent. My girls however are never allowed to leave! I have a long time to psych myself up for the day all my kids are moved out. Dont want to think of that now.

My boys will be encouraged to leave home and become independent. My girls however are never allowed to leave! I have a long time to psych myself up for the day all my kids are moved out. Dont want to think of that now.

I got a 9 month old girl. I'm can't even imagine her not being around ... Or dating ... Or even talking to boys. Dreading those days

I got a 9 month old girl. I'm can't even imagine her not being around ... Or dating ... Or even talking to boys. Dreading those days

Those were my worst fears as well until about 19 years ago when I shelled out 35k for a wedding

• Like 1

Girls and dads are different. In high school, I took this girl to homecoming, pick her up and dad is nowhere to be found. Her mother tells me he just couldn't be around to see his daughter go on a date. I thought it was strange, I think I would have preferred dad sitting on the couch cleaning a shotgun.

• Like 1

Roof sheathing done!

post-16857-143757705142_thumb.jpgpost-16857-143757705517_thumb.jpg

Went really well. Now onto the fascia and closing in the gable ends. My goal is to get it shingled and garage door and front door installed by tonight. We will see. Dont have a roofing gun which will slow me down. Cant stand doing shingles. Prefer to put this off to go get my vasectomy which I've been putting off..........

Definitely finish the shed before getting snipped.  Broken toe and broken sack make for a fairly unproductive human.  Be prepared to watch a lot of TV for at least a week.  It'll feel like you got kicked by a donkey...but you won't feel a thing while it's being done.

Definitely finish the shed before getting snipped. Broken toe and broken sack make for a fairly unproductive human. Be prepared to watch a lot of TV for at least a week. It'll feel like you got kicked by a donkey...but you won't feel a thing while it's being done.

Ive jumped my motocross 60', flipped my quad in a snowy trail going 60km/h, passed cars on the shoulder of the highway with my motorcycle going 220km/h, competed in brazilian jiu jitsu tournaments and none of this scares me like some dude with a scalpel slicing into my manhood. Of course all those things were done in my younger stupider days. Maybe age has made me have half a brain. Either way, im really scared to do it.

So was I.  When it comes to your scrot, all rational thought goes out the window.  Took me more than a year to do it after I was told I had to.

But really, the knifing isn't that bad.  It's the ten days of dull aching that sucks.  If you get your heartbeat up, you can feel it pounding downstairs, too.  Not pleasant, but the benefits are a total trump card.  Say goodbye to Mr. Sock Puppet forever.  I hate Mr. Sock Puppet.  Mr. Sock Puppet is for teenagers and bachelors.  Screw you, Mr. Sock Puppet!

So was I. When it comes to your scrot, all rational thought goes out the window. Took me more than a year to do it after I was told I had to.

But really, the knifing isn't that bad. It's the ten days of dull aching that sucks. If you get your heartbeat up, you can feel it pounding downstairs, too. Not pleasant, but the benefits are a total trump card. Say goodbye to Mr. Sock Puppet forever. I hate Mr. Sock Puppet. Mr. Sock Puppet is for teenagers and bachelors. Screw you, Mr. Sock Puppet!

I say the exact same thing to my wife about mr. Sock puppet. I tell her we arent teenagers. She says well go get cut or i will do it for you.
  • Like 1

There must be a wide range of recovery experience.

So was I.  When it comes to your scrot, all rational thought goes out the window.  Took me more than a year to do it after I was told I had to.

But really, the knifing isn't that bad.  It's the ten days of dull aching that sucks.  If you get your heartbeat up, you can feel it pounding downstairs, too.  Not pleasant, but the benefits are a total trump card.  Say goodbye to Mr. Sock Puppet forever.  I hate Mr. Sock Puppet.  Mr. Sock Puppet is for teenagers and bachelors.  Screw you, Mr. Sock Puppet!

I don't recall 10 days of dull ache.

Worst part for me was when he said "Just a pinch" and then stabbed me in the nads with what was admittedly a tiny little hypodermic needle.

After a couple of days I had forgotten all about it (except for the hair growing back).

I can't say that I have regretted it.

I was almost to the point that I was gonna schedule another appointment and tell them they screwed something up.  Then, suddenly, I was better.  But it took a good ten days to two weeks before I felt back to normal.  I admittedly have a very low tolerance for discomfort.  Most of my buddies say it was only a few days.

I guess I fall in to the same category as Dave.  At the time I got snipped we were in the process of landscaping the back yard.  After 4 days I was feeling fine and bored stupid so I went back to working with the rototiller on this adobe clay that we have for dirt in northern CA.  :P