Here we go. Roubo from scratch

Brendon, my math says you have 15 days into this build, which means you are on pace for breaking my 23 day record. I called benchcrafted and paid Jamaal to stall your shipment. :ph34r:

Lookin good man, you're killin it!

By the way, in all reality you should get a 5 day handicapp for working in a smaller space. That has to be a challenge!

Haha shane, yeah I've been working some late nights and had some kindly gifted weekend time alone while the wife hangs out with some friends in town. 

Late last night, I cut the ends to final length, polished them up all pretty and.. now I'm stuck waiting on metal things. 

Flattening bit will be here Tuesday or Wednesday.  

After that,  must wait until the benchcrafted gear.  If I get to pause my build clock until I have stuff, I may tie your time. 

• Like 1

Ya know eric, I always pictured him more like#1

So today wasn't a build day. It was a got home while still light outside so clean up the bomb that went off while building this thing kind of day.

With that, I moved she old bench to the wall where it will sit under the mitre saw and moved the bench where it will live.

In case you didn't know, this thing is huge. Long story short, it don't fit.

Relatively easy fix, going to relocate the garage light switch which will give me another foot to move the deep freezer over.

Here she is where she will live. 3e77a17aadef912b7df98ad845cdc3b2.jpg

6 hours ago, nerdbot said:

While the entire bench is beautiful, I especially like the deadman - from the weeks of looking at other people's benches on the internet, it's a new shape/design I haven't seen yet.

Thanks.  I'm going to carry the easily recognizable coffin shape to the chop as well. 

Thanks Shane. I haven't actually ever sen it before. I just like the shape. One of my favorite bands has a stand up Bass and I've always appreciated the design.  I thought it would be a fun motif to carry through.

i know topically it may seem morbid, that I'll own but I don't see it or intend it to be a dark thing. 

im glad the two tone look cane out how I was expecting because I really didn't relish flattening another 40x10" board by hand. It was pretty flat but not my kind of fun.

2065140984_42079e9e6a_z.jpg