Here we go. Roubo from scratch

Y'all are gonna have to stop calling this guy Eric because it messes up my brain's skim function.  Call him ET or Webster or anything but Eric.  There is only one Eric.  Always has been, always will be.  The original.  The classic.  The one and only.

Thanks, 

Management

Y'all are gonna have to stop calling this guy Eric because it messes up my brain's skim function.  Call him ET or Webster or anything but Eric.  There is only one Eric.  Always has been, always will be.  The original.  The classic.  The one and only.

Thanks, 

Management

Easy solution. We take a best beard vote. Best beard gets to keep the name.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

Well if "best" means "bushiest" then we need to have the contest three weeks ago because that's when I trimmed off my winter woolly.  And if "best" means "bushiest," I would have won handily.  Now I just look like a normal human so I don't really have award-winning beardage going on at the moment.

And PS - If I do end up losing my name, I will permanently change your avatar and handle to Pit Bull.  Still sound like a good idea to you?

Well if "best" means "bushiest" then we need to have the contest three weeks ago because that's when I trimmed off my winter woolly.  And if "best" means "bushiest," I would have won handily.  Now I just look like a normal human so I don't really have award-winning beardage going on at the moment.

And PS - If I do end up losing my name, I will permanently change your avatar and handle to Pit Bull.  Still sound like a good idea to you?

Dems fightin werds.....

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks, 

Management

Eric., I fail to see the problem. He's Eric, you're Eric.. Perfectly understandable, right? Eric. and Eric.

Maybe he could be .Eric. ?

38 minutes ago, Brendon_t said:

This one I glued up and left in on purpose, call it paying homage to the original from scratch motif.

Thats actually kind of cool.  I think you should have left it out front were you could see it... the signature that it is your bench.

7 hours ago, JosephThomas said:

There was already a guy in the forum named "Eric"... you are "Eric." because he was here before you, no?

Yeah it's like when the internet was born and Coca Cola had to buy cocacola.com from some opportunist d-bag who snagged it before the real slim shady had a chance to stand up.

There was already a guy in the forum named "Eric"... you are "Eric." because he was here before you, no?

Yeah it's like when the internet was born and Coca Cola had to buy cocacola.com from some opportunist d-bag who snagged it before the real slim shady had a chance to stand up.

We can always go back to Kikki ....

1 hour ago, wtnhighlander said:

Wait ... you plan to finish the slab end caps in place???

Looks great, by the way.

Kind of but no. The slabs come off easily enough.  I'll remove the rear slab to cut that end because I don't want to get too close to the walnut end cap.

the other end, I might trim to length in place. If I'm going to set up a rail for my non tracked saw, I'd rather only do it once for that end and have them both the same length.

0ff35cec67c76312e92bb178659ff18e.jpg

Let there be shelves. Rather than cut up and resaw a new board, I went over to the cutoffs pile. Random widths, just went left to right and saved a wide one for the last board giving me a good fit.

I know it's a silly thing but the shelf in makes it feel more.. I don't know, not quite finished but legitimate.

0ff35cec67c76312e92bb178659ff18e.jpg

Let there be shelves. Rather than cut up and resaw a new board, I went over to the cutoffs pile. Random widths, just went left to right and saved a wide one for the last board giving me a good fit.

I know it's a silly thing but the shelf in makes it feel more.. I don't know, not quite finished but legitimate.

With these boards coming back out, I'm back to under a 20 gal trash can of cutoffs and waste mostly consisting of sniped ends and edges coming off the table saw to square the fourth edge

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk