Here we go. Roubo from scratch

Salem is beautiful country.  I'm down that way a few times a year headed to the Current or Jack's Fork rivers.  I'd love to have ten or fifteen acres down there and leave St. Louis forever.  Only 19 years to go.  Hope I'm not dead by then.

Beautiful country...but I could never live there now.  Like you and I have said about the rivers...worse part is the locals...well that extends to basically everything there. I'd be even more of a recluse than now. Trying to get my parents to sell their house there and move up by us. =p

• 3 weeks later...

You must have more water in SoCal then we do in NorCal.  Those are pretty green lawns compared to up here... or did you photoshop this pictureh

i live down hill from a pretentious house guy, he waters his grass every night and my front yard gets the runoff from his over watering. The rest of the yard is dead since I haven't watered in over a year.

Don't be such an ashhole!

:D

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalkf

Dude.. I just pulled off ONE bent stick from the pile to throw it through the milling process.. A,5" x2.25" x 8' stick made 4 " of new chips in my collector.. And crap that's a lot of work...

Even with ash being one of the less beautiful woods out there, the grain is really pretty and there is a lot of pink in the wood still. I hope it stays.

It is covered now, that spot gets direct sun in the morning and I don't want it to dry to quickly.  I just folded a tarp, let it hang about 12" on each side. 

at least you don't have to cover it up to protect it from the rain ;-)

thanks Mike.  It's definately more than I'm going to need.  At least I hope I don't screw up enough to need all of it. 

• 1 month later...