new to woodworking

Adelg88

had some wood left over, so I made the drawer and handle. on the back side I have a door that opens to a small pocket under the drawer. im thinking of making a tray for carrying food for in there.

ive been working so many hours that I didn't get to drive my hotrod all summer.. so being able to actually get my hands on making something is so nice. I think im hooked

Edited by Adelg88
  • Like 1

that's what I figured. im working out of a small garage at my apartment. which is already filled with 3 kayaks, 4 welders, a few motors, and now wood working tools. advice on best router for the $$ don't break the bank

Festool or go home!

Just kidding. I have seen a trend towards the Triton and Bosch routers. Personally, I have a Ridgid and it is OK, but it has a quirk about the retention sleeve which makes its use in a router table somewhat meh. Cliff's DeWalt 'asploded, so...there's that. :lol:

Couple things you will need: scroll saw to cut pattern, (you can use bandsaw if your design is real big) router to remove waste (some people like small routers others like larger ones. Just a matter of preference) 1/16 flute bit (you will want this to get close to your knife line) bigger router bit to remove majority of waste if you are doing a bigger inlay. And like Brendon said watch Marc's router based inlay.