Star Wars VII

rodger.

I love 3d IMAX!

Someone told me that his son was going to a 3d movie, but one of the kids going couldn't watch 3d without getting I'll.  So they took the left lens out of one set of glasses, and replaced it with the right lens from another set.

By having one set of glasses with 2 R lenses allows the movie to be seen without the 3d, but in focus.

I cannot claim that this actually works, as its 3rd hand info, but may be worth an experiment!

1 hour ago, wtnhighlander said:

I saw an explanation of the reason many adults can't take 3D movies, but kids love 'em. Can't remember all the details, but it had something to do with with the brain's ability to interpret an image that is 'virtually' focussed in free space, when it really exists on a fixed, flat plane. As we age, we learn to 'correct' the wierdness out of that abnormal situation, which makes it difficult to accept when we try to force it in a 3D movie. Kids haven't learned to force the image focus into a 'normal' frame of reference, so it works better for them. Personally, I can't stand 3D movies.

There is a Utube vid out showing a guy trying to ride a bicycle that has been altered. It was made so that when he turned the handlebars to the right, the bike would go to the left. It took him months to learn to ride it. He gave it to a youngster and it took no time at all!

On 1/2/2016 at 5:56 PM, Llama said:

Just got back with the two kids. They both loved it, as did I.

Yeah yeah.. plots not perfect, acting wasn't perfect, science wasn't perfect... Who cares!?!??

It's a damn good movie, and an even better series. I have loved every movie for different reasons. Yes, even episode 1.

I felt like a little kid watching the opening crawl. I could not stop smiling. It reminded me of everything I loved about the other movies the first time I saw them. It gave me a chance to forget about the daily issues and troubles. For a solid two hours I can sit back and enjoy a movie without caring if it was perfect.

Yousa loves Jar Jar Binks, meeza tinks.... Betcha betcha!

I won't ruin the movie for you all, but there are storm troopers and it takes place in a galaxy far far away.

I loved how much it stuck to the original format - it was almost like they were trying to make up for the prequel's by keeping it as close to the original as possible. The 'wipe' transitions, the music, the intro..,really made me feel like I was watching a true continuation of the originals a la 1985. We watched Jedi before going so I could bring my wife up to speed - I was so irritated by the crap they added to the re-release!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, vinnyjojo said:

I loved how much it stuck to the original format - it was almost like they were trying to make up for the prequel's by keeping it as close to the original as possible. The 'wipe' transitions, the music, the intro..,really made me feel like I was watching a true continuation of the originals a la 1985. We watched Jedi before going so I could bring my wife up to speed - I was so irritated by the crap they added to the re-release!!!

You are the exact person they made the movie for :) They certainly succeeded at what they set out to do.

1 minute ago, Cliff said:

You are the exact person they made the movie for :) They certainly succeeded at what they set out to do.

I  might go see it, still not sure.  Like I said, my wife and son loved it.  I avoided the prequels because I heard they were really cheesy.  I did watch the Empire Strikes Back for the first time in about 15 years and guess what -  I thought it was really cheesy, even though I loved it as a kid.  So I am still not sure.  I guess I find the whole genre to be cheesy.  

1 minute ago, Mike. said:

I  might go see it, still not sure.  Like I said, my wife and son loved it.  I avoided the prequels because I heard they were really cheesy.  I did watch the Empire Strikes Back for the first time in about 15 years and guess what -  I thought it was really cheesy, even though I loved it as a kid.  So I am still not sure.  I guess I find the whole genre to be cheesy.  

For sure they are cheesy. They are not good movies. I mean, the originals. I don't care what anyone argues. I didn't see them as a kid, only watched for first time when I was 17 and I was like, "really? the dialogue in this is terrible!" I tend to flip back and forth on them, either really disliking them for all the flaws or just liking them because they are fun. Complicated, my relationship with these movies is.

10 minutes ago, Cliff said:

For sure they are cheesy. They are not good movies. I mean, the originals. I don't care what anyone argues. I didn't see them as a kid, only watched for first time when I was 17 and I was like, "really? the dialogue in this is terrible!" I tend to flip back and forth on them, either really disliking them for all the flaws or just liking them because they are fun. Complicated, my relationship with these movies is.

I can still watch Rocky 1-4, I loved them as a kid and I like them now.   I would argue the writing and character development in Rocky I and II is just plain better than anything in the Star Wars franchise.   Rocky 3 and 4 are cheesy but still watchable.  I found Empire Strikes back to be almost unwatchable over the weekend.  Maybe I will give Jedi another chance.   

You are the exact person they made the movie for They certainly succeeded at what they set out to do.

Why do I feel like I was just insulted?

My wife and I have been wanted to see the new Star Wars since it came out, but we haven't been able to get a babysitter for our 2-year old during the busy holiday season.  Any takers?  He's a pretty easy going kid.  He really likes putting things back where they belong (I guess I passed along some OCD), so you could probably put him to work organizing the shop.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JosephThomas said:

Let's speculate on the rouge squadron movie that comes out next year first, at least...

I speculate it will be a coming of age story of a bunch of high school girls trying to find the best make-up composition for their complexion, while debating what it truly means to be popular... ;)

Rogue Squadron on the other hand, should be about a group of rag-tag resistance pilots sticking it to the man, with lots of pew-pew laser beams and catchy one-liners...and at least one instance of the phrase, "We've got company!" and "I've got a bad feeling about this!"

• Like 2

9 hours ago, vinnyjojo said:

Why do I feel like I was just insulted?

Not at all, please don't take it that way! I have several friends that fit that description too. I saw grown men wandering out of the theater with tears in their eyes cause it was exactly what they wanted out of a movie. I think it's great. I can't appreciate it on that level really. 

8 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

Anyone ready to start speculating on the plot for Episode VIII yet, or is it too soon?

Been down that road a few times already. Not so much plot but who Snoak is, who Rey is, etc. I'm curious if the plot will mirror Empire a bit, or if The Force Awakens was the fan movie and the next ones will be their own thing.