SuperMax Stand

..Kev

Used the last big drawer to store some routers and their accessories..

XjJaMn.jpg

Leaves 2 drawers for Drum Sander paper and accessories..  Won't fill those until after the machine arrives and I see what I actually need.

• Like 1

Used the last big drawer to store some routers and their accessories..

XjJaMn.jpg

Leaves 2 drawers for Drum Sander paper and accessories..  Won't fill those until after the machine arrives and I see what I actually need.

Kev, how many routers do you have?? Don't you have a bunch of festool routers also?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, shaneymack said:

Kev, how many routers do you have?? Don't you have a bunch of festool routers also?

Nope..  I have the OF1400, the 2 in the picture, and the big PC in my router table..  Just never needed more.

Just now, shaneymack said:

Oh. I thought for a second there that you were on of those 20 router guys lol

Not me..  4 is a pretty good number.  If I honestly thought I needed more, I'd have them.  I'm just a hobby shop so, having an arsenal of routers so that I don't have to change bits just doesn't fit my needs.  I am contemplating one more drill tho ;)

Not me..  4 is a pretty good number.  If I honestly thought I needed more, I'd have them.  I'm just a hobby shop so, having an arsenal of routers so that I don't have to change bits just doesn't fit my needs.  I am contemplating one more drill tho

Why another drill?

Why another drill?

I have 3 but, it just seems that I'm always changing something..  Would have the apex, countersink, and pilot left set up all the time and then the 4th would be for what ever else cropped up..  Lazy!  I admit it!

I have 3 but, it just seems that I'm always changing something..  Would have the apex, countersink, and pilot left set up all the time and then the 4th would be for what ever else cropped up..  Lazy!  I admit it!

Time to get into the Festool centrotec system buddy !

Time to get into the Festool centrotec system buddy !

Nope..  I like FT but, not going there.  My Dewalts work awesome and I don't need another charging system and want nothing to do with a systainer for a drill.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chet K. said:

Is that the Bosch 1617?  I have been kind of looking at that off and one for a hand held router plus I don't have a plunge router.  Does it have any kind of dust collection capabilities. 

The 1617 is an awesome router!  It's only down side is that it doesn't have the DC that the FT does.  So, not counting DC, I like it every bit as well as my FT OF1400!

4 minutes ago, mat60 said:

I cant afford to see green,,:)

It's not cheap!  Also, outside of the dust collection, there's really only one "game changer" and that's the domino.

It's nice stuff, I'm not going to lie.  But, outside of the DC, there's a lot of ways to get the job done just as well.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, midtnwoodworker said:

This site is pretty bad if you are not content with your current setup/tools. It is easy to spend money after seeing some of the things people do on here.

I swear some of the guys on this site are ninja secret power tool reps that get a commission off of every new tool thread we post here. We all know shane is a secret festool rep.

That being said there have been a lot of things I've read here that have changed the way i think about things in my shop and have been worth the extra investment. I'm going to say thanks to Kev for the idea about rigid insulation for drawer organization, I'm totally using that someday.

• Like 1

Looks great ! When did you receive the sander? Did you buy the tables with it?

Got it today..  No tables..  I can order them later if I want them.  I have roller stands and only needed more support one time with the old sander.

10 hours ago, Chestnut said:

I swear some of the guys on this site are ninja secret power tool reps that get a commission off of every new tool thread we post here. We all know shane is a secret festool rep.

That being said there have been a lot of things I've read here that have changed the way i think about things in my shop and have been worth the extra investment. I'm going to say thanks to Kev for the idea about rigid insulation for drawer organization, I'm totally using that someday.

Yeah I agree on that foam. I have some in my garage that I've been using with track saw. It broke and can no longer be used for that but I can sure as heck cut it up for foam inserts. 

• Like 1