SuperMax Stand

..Kev

Just now, Woodenskye said:

Kev. The SuperMax looks great in place, so much better than the metal stand.  How is moving the cabinet to get to your BS blades?

Not bad at all..  With 2 bandsaws, I'm just not changing blades that often.

Thanks!

18 hours ago, shaneymack said:

Were you able to buy it without the crappy stand?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Please say yes.  Don't make others go through what I went through . . .

18 hours ago, TIODS said:

No, stand comes with it..

Free to a good home..  Hell, a bad home is fine with me!

Darn.  Mine is in the rafters or out in the shed, I don't really remember.  It is a nice stand for those who have the real estate to waste that footprint on a stand with no storage.  Could've saved the shipping and the stand could have gone to someone who would use it but, they would not ship without.

55 minutes ago, gee-dub said:

Please say yes.  Don't make others go through what I went through . . .

Darn.  Mine is in the rafters or out in the shed, I don't really remember.  It is a nice stand for those who have the real estate to waste that footprint on a stand with no storage.  Could've saved the shipping and the stand could have gone to someone who would use it but, they would not ship without.

I think I have actually thought of something to do with the stand..  I'm going to put it on wheels, make the top a little larger, and use it for a shop material cart.  

• Like 1

Kev, up until a few moments ago, I wondered why you located the drawer glides on the bottom of your drawer sides. Then it hit me that you couldn't have made the sides of the drawer that holds your tenoning jig the way you did it they were located in the center of the drawer side. Do you usually put them on the bottom anyway and if so, why the preference?

16 hours ago, K Cooper said:

Kev, up until a few moments ago, I wondered why you located the drawer glides on the bottom of your drawer sides. Then it hit me that you couldn't have made the sides of the drawer that holds your tenoning jig the way you did it they were located in the center of the drawer side. Do you usually put them on the bottom anyway and if so, why the preference?

I do on shop furniture as long as they're not really deep drawers. It just makes fitting the drawer super easy.   I install the bottom right in the bottom of the cabinet and its runner right on the bottom of the drawer. Then I rip a piece of scrap ply to fit between that runner and the next one up.   Just a quick and easy way to make sure the glides are parallel. 

• Like 1

The last two times I have done shop furniture with drawers, I actually laid the two sides book matched and inside up on the assembly table and with the help of a straight edge, installed all of the glides before assembly of the case.

On June 9, 2016 at 5:33 PM, TIODS said:

Well, there is is, all complete!  Sander is up and running and just waiting for the new DC piping!

Huge "THANKS" @Llama for getting some measurements to me early enough to have the stand ready to go!

Hope some people got a few things here that they can use in their shops!

zxHaGp.jpg

You could have started out by saying it's better to have the width of the drawers too long than too short?. No need to measure twice cause I got this one down. Batched out 3 drawers and Yep, 1/2" too short. Damnest looking drawers I ever made, with a 1/2" piece of ply added on one side of each one.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

You could have started out by saying it's better to have the width of the drawers too long than too short?. No need to measure twice cause I got this one down. Batched out 3 drawers and Yep, 1/2" too short. Damnest looking drawers I ever made, with a 1/2" piece of ply added on one side of each one.

I've done that myself Coop!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 5/9/2019 at 4:22 AM, Hector C said:

New to the site. A lot of good info here.

I know this is an old thread but was wondering what are the overall dimensions for the cabinet. Planning on something like this but will need to add casters. 

Apologies for the slow response, I'm currently on the road for work.

I don't recall the actual dimensions off of the top of my head but, should be home late Sunday and will dig up the dimensions.

• 3 years later...