Help remembering a movie!

Llama

Need help remembering a martial arts movie... I think it's from the late 70s - mid 80s but I could be wrong. We had the VHS tape when I was a kid, so it had to be a popular movie but I can't find it anywhere. I have searched for hours on youtube and nothing is popping out as a possibility.

What I remember: 

There was an emphasis on pressure points during the entire movie. I remember the guys using black ink/paint on their fingers to mark their opponent as they were hit.

The ending was great... It was in a forest scene with several opponents of the "star" of the movie. I vividly remember two of the guys were brothers and one jumped on the others shoulders (with that crazy jumping) and one had a chain with a knife at the end... Pretty sure the star died in the ending.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Mike. said:

Sounds like the kind of stuff Van Damme and Seagal did, but that would be late 80s 

Definitely not those guys. Not Chuck Norris either.... I wouldn't doubt it if someone famous was in it though... My dad didn't buy any movies that weren't popular.

That "crazy jumping" business sounds like the hallmark of Chinese martial arts films. Sure the word "Dragon" wasn't in the title?

Recall if the star was white, black, or oriental? There was a rash of 'Kung Fu' films with American actors after Bruce Lee's rise to fame. Heck, even Kareem Abdul Jabaar was into it fir a while.

This one, by any chance? https://www.google.com/search?q=shaw+brothers&oq=shaw+brothers&aqs=chrome..69i57j0j5j0.7116j0j4&client=ms-android-att-us&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#mie=e,overview,Blood Brothers 1973,H4sIAAAAAAAAAONgVuLSz9U3MCosSyoxeMSYxC3w8sc9YanISWtOXmMM5tLMKLfST87PyUlNLsnMz9MvKMpPKQUz45PzcwsS8zJTi63SMnNyi4XUuNhc80oySyqFZLh4pThBphomWRjHazBIcXMhuDwAoew0JnMAAAA

Filmed in the 70s, but has a 1983 New York release date.

On 1/29/2017 at 1:43 PM, Isaac said:

Boy do I hope that isn't it. That is a truly awful movie.

It's so bad it's awesome:

"It's been eight years Kenshiro, what have you been doing" (unspecified 'foreign' accent)

"I been ruining your plans" (heavy south London accent...also sounds like hes got a cold and been hit in the head...a lot)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chud said:

It's so bad it's awesome:

"It's been eight years Kenshiro, what have you been doing" (unspecified 'foreign' accent)

"I been ruining your plans" (heavy south London accent...also sounds like hes got a cold and been hit in the head...a lot)

For your viewing pleasure...and yes the whole movie is there on YouTube so you can rewind to the beginning :ph34r: