Hello From Cold Spring Harbor, New York

Welcome Michael.  Glad you decided to join us. The snarky thing does happen at times and it is mostly amongst friends here.  The wall unit looks great, very nicely done.  Oh and feel free to post some pictures of the shop as it is now and as you progress.  We like see what others have come up with.:)

Clamp racks I built on wall next to the table saw. That doorway is 4' wide and goes into the adjacent assembly area, which I can also use for finishing and bringing materials into the shop. Break down plywood sheets with track saw. There is another 4' doorway on the opposite wall that leads directly into the main 2 car garage that I can also use for material loading/unloading and as an additional assembly area. All the floors are on the same level so I can wheel machines around as needed.

20150423_071432.jpg

Thanks. Festool makes such high quality precision tools. I'm using more and more metric measurements because of them- much tighter fits with mm than imperial measurement. My favorite tools are the track saw and the domino, but I'm doing more and more with my hand tools these days.

Last image is hand tool rack- it will ultimately get replaced with a shallow wall cabinet that I plan to build. Also building a woodworking bench that will double as an outfeed for the table saw and also as an assembly area. I added a Benchdog cast iron router table extension to the left side of the table saw and put in an Incra router lift that lets me do all the height adjustments from the top of the table. Have made some other changes since these pictures were taken. The more time I spend working in there the more I get ideas on how to make the layout more efficient and get better use of the space. Will post more pictures after I get the new workbench done.

20150109_170418.jpg

On 6/17/2017 at 8:43 AM, Michael Kolodner said:

The more time I spend working in there the more I get ideas on how to make the layout more efficient and get better use of the space.

This can be a on going process.  I wish I had taken pictures every time I had changed something in the shop.  It would be an interesting stack of photos to flip through.