Current Project - Table thingy

Llama

2 hours ago, shaneymack said:

Looking good, Mel. One request though, more pics of the Felder!!!! You have a damn Felder in your shop, show it off!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I'm getting the feeling Shane is kicking himself for not factoring a felder into his move like Mel obviously did. :D

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gary said:

Wow, nice Mel! If this were mine, it would make its way into the background of every picture that I post here. LOL

Believe it or not, I've gotten used to having it already. Just another tool my friend :)

Don't get me wrong, it's a very nice tool. I have a nice workflow with it now, so it's just part of the flow. Raising/lowering the planer bed has become second nature. Just measure the thickness, turn the knob and bam... start working.

It's such a nice thing though. I really love having it. 

• Like 1

Some update.

Decided to take this a bit slower than I really wanted to. This has to be perfect, so I'm taking no chances.

Marked out the top, used my carved jigsaw to make notches then used a chisel to knock out the waste. Now I'm in the process of flushing it up with the OF1400 router. I love the rail setup for this thing. Took a 1/4" pass to make sure I was on my line, and am going to clean the rest up in two passes. Then the plan is to hit it with some sand paper. OK... back to work! 

2017-09-08 15.31.59.jpg

2017-09-09 12.38.33.jpg

2017-09-09 13.07.13.jpg

Worried about tearing this out, so I made some cuts with my DT saw. Then, scribed a line, hit it with my chisel and did the wedgie trick to it. Still not super excited about routing this. I might do it all by hand. Wouldn't take too long, and it's not really that bad. Fan on, music on, tap tap tap... :) 

2017-09-09 19.14.35.jpg

2017-09-09 19.14.13.jpg

2017-09-09 19.13.59.jpg

• Like 1