The "why" question

collinb

Woodworking for me has a "zen" like quality , once I am immersed in the shop all of life's stresses go out the door as I focus on creating in the shop.  I watched the video and I was amazed at how accurate a M&T joint was created.  I learned some things on chisel and layout technique.  Never saw a router plane used for layout lines.  I can certainly see the "zen" effect happening if I were to ever decide to hand cut a M&T joint, which I would probably only do if I had no other machine based method to do it.  The beauty of woodworking is there are many ways to get the results you are after, in my book understanding as many of those different methods is part of the fun!  Hmmmmm! (Me being zen like) 

17 minutes ago, drdabrown said:

Nice family photo, Marc. Thanks for the advise. It's nice to voice an opinion without being called out for doing so.

Unless I missed a post somewhere, I'm not sure anyone got called out for having an opinion.  Looks like some opinions were challenged and rebutted, which most grown ups can handle.  Seems like Marc may have taken issue with the back and forth being over the top?  

Truthfully I feel like I must have missed a deleted post somewhere, because this seems like the tamest thread to have ever received a warning since I've been at WTO.

Agree on the family photo though.  Very nice pic.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, bgreenb said:

Unless I missed a post somewhere, I'm not sure anyone got called out for having an opinion.  Looks like some opinions were challenged and rebutted, which most grown ups can handle.  Seems like Marc may have taken issue with the back and forth being over the top?  

Truthfully I feel like I must have missed a deleted post somewhere, because this seems like the tamest thread to have ever received a warning since I've been at WTO.

I was thinking the same thing. 

5 hours ago, bgreenb said:
5 hours ago, drdabrown said:

Nice family photo, Marc. Thanks for the advise. It's nice to voice an opinion without being called out for doing so.

I think it was like telling your buddy..I see you're about to suck down a twelve pack, so I'm taking your keys now, kinda approach. 

Any way..I love hand tools, and miss mine already. They are stored in a big ole connex box for a while. When I get them back I may chop 10 mortise by hand.

No, I won't.

• Like 1

I wouldn't try to make sense of moderator intervention after the fact, :). You guys only get part of the story and my post seems out of context now. I'll remove it to avoid confusion. It was a relatively tame issue but it struck a nerve with me and the situation was dealt with. 

And thanks for the comments about the pic. Extra points if anyone finds the easter egg in the photo. :)

• Like 1