QSWO Media Cabinet

Chet

35 minutes ago, wdwerker said:

Now I'm considering 2 edge guides for my little Dewalt plunge router, thanks for helping me spend more

well if you want to go to the heart of the problem, I got the idea from Kev.  It works out great.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chet said:

well if you want to go to the heart of the problem, I got the idea from Kev.  It works out great.

We used that when we cut the mortise for the leg vise on Chet's bench.  I can't take the credit but, I don't recall where I saw it.

1 hour ago, Eric. said:

:lol:

When my kids want to "help" me in the shop...I've got two words for ya: sandpaper - scraps

That is all.

She is only five but she is to smart for that.  She wants to be were the fun is.  She is pretty tenacious at working through a problem or skill.

30 minutes ago, Chet said:

I took two years of drafting in high school, again all pencil and paper, about 20+ years before CAD was even thought about.

Me too, except I did half and half. I won state with an autocad drawing and a pencil/paper drawing .... mine are still sloppy though when I do it myself haha.

Maybe one day I will slow down and make pretty drawings and more accurate to scale drawings.

50 minutes ago, RichardA said:

In one of your first pics, I noticed 4 squares on your bench next to some qswo. And I wondered why.  Now I know, you needed one square for each leg.   Makes perfect sense to me.  

Each square had a different part or the measurements for the layout of the mortises at the top and bottom of the legs.  I like to leave them set up until the mortises are finished just in case I mess up and have to layout a back up part.