Stanley #92 Shoulder Plane

Steve B Anderson

Thanks for the write-up, Steve. If only it had come a couple of weeks ago, I might have picked the Stanley and saved some money. Not that I regret my choice (Veritas medium shoulder), this plane is doing an awesome job for me. But at about 225% the cost of the Stanley, your review would have given me pause, for sure.

7 minutes ago, RichardA said:

I have the older version of the 92, and all the edges of mine were worn smooth before I bought it. You can take some 600 grit and "gently" ease those sharp edges.  I mean "gently", you don't want to break the nickle or chrome, you just wan to soften them.

Thanks for the tip Richard, I didn’t realize there was a coating on this plane.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, wtnhighlander said:

Thanks for the write-up, Steve. If only it had come a couple of weeks ago, I might have picked the Stanley and saved some money. Not that I regret my choice (Veritas medium shoulder), this plane is doing an awesome job for me. But at about 225% the cost of the Stanley, your review would have given me pause, for sure.

Sorry im late with the review but I’m sure you’ll enjoy the Veritas

• Like 1

9 hours ago, K Cooper said:

Thanks for the review Steve. Glad you are enjoying your new toy. I believe I'm going the same direction.

8 hours ago, Stew said:

Yes, thank you steve! I was just looking at those the other day and couldn't take the leap of faith but I believe I will now. 

Glad I could help.