Jet Clamp Handle Repair/replacement

1 hour ago, Chet said:

That is weird that they don't sell replacement handles.  I had just contacted them about replacing the stand off or what ever they call it, the part hanging off your bench in the picture, any way they told me they didn't sell the part but gave me a stock number and told me I could order it through my dealer.  After checking a number of places I found it at www.beavertools.com.  Maybe you should try calling them again and see if you can get a part number for the handle and hunt around on the internet.  Maybe it is how you word it to them because my specific question in my email was asking for the stock number to the part I needed so I could order it from their replacement parts site and they told me they didn't sell it but here is the stock number.  I did as search with the number and name of the part and found several places but beaver was the cheapest and Amazon had them fro $358.00 for a pack of four. :o Pretty sure that was a mistake.

I'll definitely give this a try, thanks.

I'm guessing that's just the plastic part and you're going to have to drill out the rivet and either rivet on the new handles or find some other way of attaching them.  If it were me I would just make wooden ones.

Bessey offers replacement handles with the screw but they are $15, which is why I figure you're just getting the handle.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/Revo-2K-Handle/T21766?iparcelcountry=US&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwpHWjaLW2QIVx16GCh1u1QP6EAQYAiABEgIbKPD_BwE

If the price was reasonable I'd buy some to upgrade my wooden handle ones as the newer handles are way nicer but $15?  I paid $25 for the whole clamp back in the day.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Too bad the threaded shaft doesn't extend up into the handle for strength. I think I would try making some wood knobs to replace the long handles.  Maybe start with something like a snug fitting steel collar with a set screw and epoxy the wood knob to that. Long handles allow for too much side leverage for the small amount of mounting length. You might even find a steel or aluminum knob with set screw or pin something like this.

Another approach might be to find a welder that can attach a 4-5" piece of rod to the end of the threaded shaft. Then mount your wood handles onto that.  I believe there is heat sink material that can be used to prevent the threaded shaft from getting too hot and melting the plastic,

• 3 years later...
  • 8 months later...