Texas woodworkers?

bade

• 2 weeks later...

Any woodworkers in the Austin Texas area on this forum? I'm just getting started in woodworking as a hobby and wondering who might be local.

I live in Leander, but I'm in the same boat as you, just starting out. I have a number of tools and I have built a couple of things but I'm definately still a newbie.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I will be at the woodworking show in Houston, TX tomorrow.

Leonard E. Merrell Center

6301 South Stadium Lane

Katy, TX 77494

It is not as good as the old days, but it is still a woodworking show!

I have been away from woodworking for a while; work, stuff and life. Maybe this will get me back in the swing.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I know this thread hasn't seen any action in a while, but I thought I'd chime in from San Antonio.  The only woodworking groups I have found in SA consists of mostly turners.  Anyway, I found this site... better late than never.

Hey TW, Same way here in Houston. You hear of all of the groups in small towns in the NE and on the west coast and they talk about the ww shows they have. We had a woodworking show in Pasadena two years ago and it wasn't all that good. Oh, and welcome to the Forum. Bunch of good people here!!

Lakeway is sweet. I have a friend in Dallas that has a second house there. It's far enough from Austin to avoid the traffic and close enough to enjoy 6th street. It's kind of uppity there and the HOA may make you send your boards out to be cut :D  Stop at Whataburger on your next visit!!

Lakeway is sweet. I have a friend in Dallas that has a second house there. It's far enough from Austin to avoid the traffic and close enough to enjoy 6th street. It's kind of uppity there and the HOA may make you send your boards out to be cut :D  Stop at Whataburger on your next visit!!

It is a beautiful area. Need to come to a decision what we're going to do sometime soon. I think we're going to move.

• 1 month later...

Good for you and welcome to Texas. I have an ex, and we're still good friends, that's a realtor in Austin if you need one. And if you're still thinking of Lakeway, I have a good friend that has a weekend house (formerly his mom's) there and he may be able to give you some pointers. Be ready for some bad ass (50 deg) winters :D

• 1 month later...

Just got on here, see my intro in other thread. Got a few days before the new job, but shop isn't up and running yet, won't have electric for a couple weeks it appears. But then it will be sweet! If you have ideas for custome metal work, my son can help you out with welding. He isn't mobile, yet, but will have a pretty versatile shop set up, if you can get to Seguin.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...