Bandsaw cut, goo goes everywhere

I remember recently there was a thread about a gent making a cut on the bs that resulted in a nasty harder tan solid material coating the blade, tires and guides. I looked for it last night but couldn't find it but I've got a decent idea. Yesterday I made A cut on a big walnut limb with my circle jig for a buddy who's going to carve it onto a bowl. 

During the cut, the saw was NOT liking it at all. After about 30 seconds a knocking sound started which sounded like a tooth of the blade hitting the guide. Turn the saw off to find the half inch blade is now a quarter inch thick with a hard almost looks like clay. Back the wood out of the cut open my wheel doors and this crap is everywhere. At least a quarter inch coating on the top of each tire outside of where the blame is tracking leaving a very deep valley. The guides were so coated they could not spin any longer.  The lower Drive Cog on the Wheel had so many of these bumps on it it was causing the belt to jump every Revolution.

I scraped everything off, called my buddy up from down the street to find out that this bowl blank had been anchor sealed three times in the last year. That information leads me to believe that anchor seal plus a bandsaw blade and sawdust create that disgusting hard almost resin.

15 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

What is anchor seal? 

It's a dressing that you put on the end of fresh milled boards to control checking and for not allowing the moisture in the wood to run out the end of the board, thus giving even  moisture evaporation through the sides.

20 hours ago, Ronn W said:

So, if I buy  a piece of turning wood from Woodcraft to use a parts for other projects, I could have trouble??

I don't think that is anchor seal, more of a thick hardening wax. Also don't think you should have a problem on the lathe. The tool should just peel it off like the wood. The band saw blade seems to pull it into the cut, mix with the dust created and turn Nasty

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tom King said:

Sounds like rough turning green, then sealing for use later is the way to do it, so the bandsaw can be taken out of the process.

I've not used end sealer too many times, when I wished later that I had.

I agree Tom and that's what I advised him to do. After I "turned" the outside vessel shape, he hollowed it and put it in a cardboard box with planer shavings to let dry more.