Cross cut sled

Rocko

1 hour ago, MJC said:

Ok before I order this I am getting the 1000 HD and it is $299.99 plus they gave me a code for 10% off. Sound like a good price?

The 1000 HD is $170 and the miter express is $170 so yeah it's a decent savings expicalyl with 10% off.

Gives you the benefits of a sled or miter guage for esentailly the same price as the 5000.

I had been watching Incremental Tools for a good while, and never saw a code, or discount more than 10%, for either new customer signing up for their email alerts, or holiday discounts and such, but never the two together.   Even worse for Carter Bandsaw Products, but so far, haven't found any discount on their stuff.   In short, if you get 10 off, that's about as good as you're going to do.

I think that's the one for new customers who subscribe to their emails.  It's only good for one use, but for the whole first order.  I was in the bad place as a new customer, the same time they had their Holiday code too, and could only use one, and then the other won't be good unless they do the same next Christmas.

I had the little DeWalt saw built onto the end of my workbench for a while. Loved the rack and pinion fence; all saws could use that system :) 

I bought the Inca 120 muter gauge then later added their fence to it, costs around $200 all told, I think.

And my CC sled is simple, here it is leaning against the wall trapped by a cart on its side; I don’t use it that much. It’s plywood, and the fence is plywood as well, for stability. 

ACDAFBB5-2C57-49D7-B818-236E547FA4B8.jpeg

639FCCFB-A886-4231-B3F0-82435A678104.jpeg

You know I forgot to post on here about this. I got my Incra cross cut sled and I am a little pissed off. Monday they will be getting a call from me. So they said there would be a few weeks lead time which that’s fine I started making one. Then it shows up a few days later which ok that’s great. Well last night when I start putting it together I notice that parts of it look like old stuff mixed with new! I mean the old stuff was even dirty like they dug it out from a corner some place and threw it in my box. The aluminum doesn’t even match and looks like I have stuff patched together. To spend that kind of money on something like that and get crap slapped together it left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MJC said:

You know I forgot to post on here about this. I got my Incra cross cut sled and I am a little pissed off. Monday they will be getting a call from me. So they said there would be a few weeks lead time which that’s fine I started making one. Then it shows up a few days later which ok that’s great. Well last night when I start putting it together I notice that parts of it look like old stuff mixed with new! I mean the old stuff was even dirty like they dug it out from a corner some place and threw it in my box. The aluminum doesn’t even match and looks like I have stuff patched together. To spend that kind of money on something like that and get crap slapped together it left a bad taste in my mouth.

This almost sounds like it was returned by a customer and somehow ended back up in their inventory.  I have found Incra's customer service to be real helpful, I am sure hey will be more then willing t replace it.

I dropped my Incra miter gauge pretty hard one day and the teeth on the protractor part got bent at zero. I don't remember what the replacement cost was; I never thought to ask them for warranty because it was my own clumsiness that caused it. But it was easy to fix. The fence was fine, but the way it hit put all the pressure on the lock and teeth. I filed the lock and put the new protractor on it.