Sideboard

Chestnut

33 minutes ago, Chet said:

I know it has to be different in today's situation but when our daughter was going through this we found that the safest and sanest thing to do was stand back out of the way and just sign the checks.;)

LOL yep the check signing has been done for months but sometimes I just can't help myself...open mouth insert foot LOL. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Chet said:

I know it has to be different in today's situation but when our daughter was going through this we found that the safest and sanest thing to do was stand back out of the way and just sign the checks.;)

Amen! My daughter married about 22 years ago to a son of an ex vp from Exxon. Our guest list was for about 40 or so, theirs was over200. I knew right then that I was in over my head. The reception was at some fancy ass hotel and a flat rate for open bar. Afterwards a few of my group gathered in the bar for a night cap, not knowing that open bar had closed 10 minutes earlier. Bar tender brought me a tab for over $300. At least daughter was happy and we have 2 wonderful grandkids to show for it. 

Sorry Nut, I think we hj your project. 

10 hours ago, pkinneb said:

They did push their ceremony/ reception to July 2021 so that's good but they  still want to be married this year so they plan to have a small ceremony in August I'm like you know you can go to the court house and in 5 min be legally married right...yeah not the right thing to say!  I feel bad for them but my normally very intelligent and grounded daughter is so emotionally tied to this dang wedding its unbelievable. 

Were they supposed to have their ceremony during this pandemic and had to move it?

I apparently am marrying into the wrong family because we're the only ones writing checks.

6 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

Were they supposed to have their ceremony during this pandemic and had to move it?

I apparently am marrying into the wrong family because we're the only ones writing checks.

Yep May 30th, then moved to July 4th 2020, now July 17th 2021. Their honeymoon was supposed to be in June 2020, to Italy, its been pushed to Sept 2020.

We had a set amount for all three kids, just said use it for whatever you want, wedding, house, car didn't matter to me once its outta my checkbook i can't use it anyway ;) 

Ooff that's rough for them. I can't imagine the amount of stress that must have put on them and disappointment.

Megan and I talked about it and if for what ever reason we found ourselves in that spot we'd just do the courthouse wedding and them probably a reception later.

• 2 months later...
19 minutes ago, Jonathan McCully said:

Thanks for the reply and the great explanation. Haven’t done any twin tenons before, will have to try that.

They are just like a regular M&T but it is helpful to work them backwards with the tenon 1st and then the mortise 2nd. I should credit my source on this is Mr. Cremona on his Side Board build in the guild.

19 minutes ago, Coop said:

Nut, did you make the tenons on the ts with a tenoning jig? 

The double tenon was on my band saw actually. I don't own a tenoning jig, there was a time I wanted one but I've gotten by with out so i imagine I'll keep managing.

3 hours ago, Mark J said:

Well that's not a bad thing.  I'm guessing you wanna say "I'm done" before "I do".

When is the big day, by the way?

December 19. I hope.

2 hours ago, Coyote Jim said:

This is turning out to be a pretty stunning piece. I'm hooked.

Thanks! The best is yet to come i saved some figured material for the door panels and drawer fronts.