Sideboard

Chestnut

58 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

Now coming through the the back of the drawer side with the rabbit come on Drew your a professional 

I welcome that judgement. If you want to remove the drawers and take a look at that by all means go for it. That's just one of those details that is a lot of effort. For the record the front is the same thing but they'll be covered by an 1/8" veneer.

I am going to plug the holes with off cuts from the drawer bottoms.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, drzaius said:

Sidebar: what happened to your white balance? Looks like it's made of purple heart (or as my grandson used to call it, "ham wood").

LOL, umm not entirely sure. I've gotten lazy and haven't been fine tuning it and have just been letting auto white balance do it's thing.

23 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

During glue up i set the doors on the concrete floor and I wonder If i set them in an uneven spot that ended up gluing a twist into the doors

I had something similar a while back.  Generally concrete and wood don't play nice together.  Aways back, a knowledgeable member here told me you can get a weird air and moister interaction between the wood and concrete.

• Like 1

I should note for the sharp observer. The grain on the drawer fronts is intentionally shifted down slightly. Because of the overhang of the top and the fact that most people will observe the drawer fronts standing next to the side board I left a bit more space above the crazy figure on the top.

1 hour ago, Chet said:

I had something similar a while back.  Generally concrete and wood don't play nice together.  Aways back, a knowledgeable member here told me you can get a weird air and moister interaction between the wood and concrete.

The parallel clamp heads were separating the wood from the concrete floor so there wasn't any direct contact for moisture. I think the floor was just uneven in opposite directions where the clamp heads were. This caused a twist that ended up getting glued into the door. Like the below images but just imagine my doors instead.

DSC_3842-01.thumb.jpeg.97abdec3c1221acaf8de6e28539f3531.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...