Chess Board

Nice work, Drew! I think the "cutting board" approach really is the most reliable way to build one of these. 

Since you raised it with a box structure, did you consider making ut a container for the pieces? I see a lot of folks do that, but the board seems uncomfortably tall on a box that big, IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wtnhighlander said:

Nice work, Drew! I think the "cutting board" approach really is the most reliable way to build one of these. 

Since you raised it with a box structure, did you consider making ut a container for the pieces? I see a lot of folks do that, but the board seems uncomfortably tall on a box that big, IMO.

Yes i was going to make storage but ran out of time.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Coop said:

I made an end grain checker board a couple of years ago and used 1/4” ply as a substrate. I talked of my plans on here and someone mentioned applying the same material to the backside to keep a “ balanced panel” I ignored the recommendation and ended up with a checkered cistern. Learned the hard way. 

I remember that build and it's one of the reasons i used the exact same material as a backer. Thanks for teaching me something Coop :D!

I can't remember, did you manage to fix your chess board?

• Like 1