Cutting Board with Inlay

gee-dub

I’ve made several of these in the same form and fashion but without the use of the cauls. When glueing mine up, they had a tendency to slip a bit from end to end. That was corrected in my cross cut sled after the glue dried. With your cauls, not only does it keep all of the pieces on the same plane but also prevents that slippage. Great idea! 

• Like 1

On 7/18/2022 at 2:23 PM, gee-dub said:

He felt the most effective route to the area to clean up was 'around and through'.

Hey Glenn, everybody has their own technique for a given task. If it works, it works. :P

On 7/19/2022 at 4:29 PM, wtnhighlander said:

Glenn, do you turn much? That glue-up apparatus and process could help make some really wild turning blanks...

Funny you should ask. I inherited a lathe from dad but, my to do list is pretty long…

• Haha 1

On 7/20/2022 at 8:47 PM, Coop said:

Glenn, is the Trend Vari-Jig self squaring? 

No. There is a fair amount of wiggle room in the connection points but they do have basically square contact points. They do lock down solidly. IIRC the instruction recommend a square be applied to assure alignment.  I believe the original intention of the jig is sink cutouts or other square-ish cutouts in panels.