Christmas 2012!!!

Freddie

I got 2 wood working books and due to delayed 30th b'day money a 24" Dorchester 4.5tpi rip saw. But best of all was getting time in my shop. Spent all day trying to chisel a rabbet into some purple heart and utterly screwing it up. That stuff splinters worse than carbon fibre.

Gives me an excuse to buy more hand tool friendly wood :)

My family purchased an end grain cutting board from a high end food store....

While it's nice, and it's nice to see the end grain cutting board being accepted by "the professionals," (and it's nice to have an approximate idea of retail value for these), I'd rather have received the wood to make one myself.

From my parents, i received the grizzly G0490 jointer, a nice set of 3M ear protection. From my sister, the woodcraft clock with thermometer and hydrometer. From my girlfriend, ww t-shirt, ww bamboo flash drive( she won it on the live chat for me), 2 warm shirts for the shop, rockler tablesaw crosscut sled and drop off platform, mobility kit for my laguna bandsaw, and a year guild membership. I am very very grateful this year. P.S. i bought my girlfriend a beautiful zebrawood acoustic guitar, its her favorite wood.

Which ones did you get, Tom? I've been wanting to get a pair and I've been struggling over which two would be the ultimate in versatility...

Hello Eric, I began with the suggestions of Chris Scwarz in the Anarchist's Tool Chest, then at WIA Pasadena I spoke further with one of the Auriou family guys at the Lie-Nielsen area to narrow it down. Easy to become overwhelmed with the number offered.

These two give me some large shaping capability as well as the modeler for smaller/fine or closer to finish work.

From Lie-Nielsen Santa gave me:

2-ACR-10-9g 10 inch Cabinet - Grain 9 Rasp

2-AMR-7-13g

7 inch Modeller's Rasp

A number of other vendors carry them, including Lee Vally and Highland Woodworking.

Of course that can vary depending upon the type of work you do. I mostly do furniture and cabinet type pieces, rather than gift boxes and smaller items. Hope this helps.

I got a wood whisperer hoodie and shop aprin from my girl friend.

a Lee Valley 5-1/4W Bench Plane.

a marking knife, burnisher and brass hammer. all from lee valley.

And the best thing of all. 4 sheets of A1 grade baltic burch plywood for my shop cabnits. Tha I plan on building.

maybe if I'm a real good boy in 2013 I could get a WW hoodie. Yep, think I'll give it a try. I mean, how hard could it be. Unless someone bugs me or something. Merry Christmas everyone.

I think i made out pretty well... Now i tell my wife never to buy me anything we only buy for the kids and no matter how much we tell parents and grandparents not to buy of course they do..... I was lucky enough to get a new shopvac, a ton of clamps (Which really helps) and a new brad nailer.... Cant complain one bit....

Nothing for the shop, other than my Virus first layer clothing www.virusintl.com which I asked my wife to get me so I can be warm in out unheated Redondo Beach garage.

I got a coping saw from Tools for working wood.

Pretty easy nothing major.

Gotta love it! I'm a native Californian who knows Redondo Beach. I spent major parts of the last couple weeks working in my uninsulated, unheated garage shop with temps in the 20s to finish the Christmas gifts I was making. Had to bring them into the basement to glue and finish. Oh yeah, because it doesn't say yet, I live in Minnesota, about an hour north of the Cities. I guess it's all relative! lol