Warming up

WoodlandRenovations

Hello all 

I curently have a two car garage work shop and live in Colorado. As many of you know sometimes it get a little cold, I was wondering what kind of heaters everyone isusing in there garage to keep it a good temp. Im leaning toward a natural gas type but am concerned of the time bomb affect. I do have dust collection and a air filtration unit though so. Any thoughts would be great thanks. 

Natural gas forced air furnace. I've always had an insulated door, but the weather stripping was not very good. After adjusting the door & adding secondary weather stripping it seals really well. That made quite a difference in the comfort level. The furnace is ducted with outlets at the floor so no cold feet.

• 3 weeks later...

I find 55-60 degrees to be a very comfortable working temperature.  I think the chalk temperate of PVA glue is about 40 degrees, so you want to stay above 40.

I warm up the shop to about 70 before finishing, then turn off the heat.  

I actually went with electric myself this time when I finished my shop.  Electricity is pretty cheap here.  Paying a hair over 7 cents per KW hour.  The shop space is 20' x 32' with high ceilings.  I went with a Fahrenheat Ceiling-Mount Industrial Heater.  7500 watts.  Heats the space no problem.  I keep it about 45 degrees unless I am working in there or plan on working in there.  Electric is nice because you don't have to worry about open flames or venting or any of that jazz.