William Ng online classes

Eric.

8 hours ago, prov163 said:

Eric, thanks for the heads up. I didn't see anything allowing you to sign up for alerts. Did I miss it?

Not that I know of...I just figured if we have enough guys checking in on it occasionally, we'd know as soon as it was open.  I'm on his email list and I'm sure he'll send out notifications once he's ready.  I'm just chomping at the bit to see this stuff.

• Like 1

Coming soon...apparently it's really gonna happen...

https://wnwoodworkingschool.com/courses/greene-greene-inspired-coffee-table/#

I urge everyone to buy this first class even if you don't wanna build a G&G coffee table.  I don't plan to either, but I can't wait to digest the content from one of the best teachers in the country.  Going out to California for a week and attending a live class is just totally impossible for me at this point in my life - and I assume it's the same for most of you - let's send a clear message to William that creating online content is worth his time.

Help us keep on top of this...if you hear it's opened for enrollment, let us know!

This is great! I will buy it for sure to support him .

Not a g&g fan but I will build it for my dad.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I like everything but the pyramid-ish legs.  But it seems like a good deal and a real skill builder. 

From what marc has said about William, he is extraordinary precise and doesn't rely on relative dimensioning to the degree that most of us do.  I'd like to watch just to see that type of precision in action. 

2 hours ago, Mike. said:

I like everything but the pyramid-ish legs.  But it seems like a good deal and a real skill builder. 

From what marc has said about William, he is extraordinary precise and doesn't rely on relative dimensioning to the degree that most of us do.  I'd like to watch just to see that type of precision in action. 

I totally agree - something about the legs makes me think of Gumby. 

33 minutes ago, Eric. said:

I personally like Gumby legs but the ones on that coffee table are not the most graceful.  I've always been lukewarm about G&G as a style but I do appreciate the details.

The problem with G&G is a lot of woodworkers have more skill than taste.  So they overdo it with the plugs and splines, and instead of a slight shadow line they hog out 1/8".  

Overall I like William's table and I think it is restrained, as far as G&G inspired stuff goes.  Just not a fan of those legs.