Planer Cart

..Kev

Another great piece for the shop, Kev ! Your going to have a pretty awesome shop full matching pieces of furniture. That's super cool. One day i will take the time to do that as well. Gotta get my dream shop before that though. Untill then I'll keep watching your videos and dreaming.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words guys..

21 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

That is very nice Kev.  But I wish you would stop using walnut on your shop furniture...it makes it very difficult for us normal people to share our genuine BORG ply shop creations.:D

Not much in this one..  The door panel was left over from the kitchen remodel and has been kicking around the shop for a while.

• Like 2

This video actually popped up as a suggestion on my Youtube "home" page before I even found this thread, I think that means you are famous!

I think I'll actually build this one.  I've been loosely planning stands for a few benchtop tools, the Ridgid sander, the benchtop drill press and my planer.  I may as well make them all to match each other and your simple but craftsmanshipy design would look pretty dang good...I just may do all drawers for the sander and drill press carts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bleedinblue said:

This video actually popped up as a suggestion on my Youtube "home" page before I even found this thread, I think that means you are famous!

I think I'll actually build this one.  I've been loosely planning stands for a few benchtop tools, the Ridgid sander, the benchtop drill press and my planer.  I may as well make them all to match each other and your simple but craftsmanshipy design would look pretty dang good...I just may do all drawers for the sander and drill press carts.

Thanks..  If you pm me your email addy, I'll send you the Sketchup file if you want it.

You know, I bought the DeWalt stand (actually, it was thrown in as well as the in/out tables) with my planer, and have been contemplating how to enclose it to look something close to what you have. Thus the reason for the pm about the pre-finished ply. Scrap that crap, send me the sketchup file too, if you will. As nice as that looks, when company shows, I can remove the planer and use it as a serving cart:D. Well done dude!

• Like 1

Stupid question... (which I am full of...)  On your sacrificial fence you have a type of clamp that looks perfect for that application, what kind of clamp is that that keeps out of the way on the business end?

Never mind a simple google search on sacrificial fence clamps and viola! found them right away!  

• Like 1

Nice work Kev. That reminds me I should make one like that too. I use my lunchbox planer only occasionally but it's good to have it available rather than on a shelf. My floorstanding combo jointer/planer is the workhorse but sometimes I need to use the lunchbox as the big one has got crap stacked on it (another horizontal surface ;) ).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chet K said:

Another nice video Kev.

Completely of topic, maybe, I am curious as to what the blue hose on the reel up and to the right of your hand too wall is for.

Thanks Chet!  The hose hooks up to the DC system to give me some more reach into the lathe area.

• 2 weeks later...