Sculpted Rocker

..Kev

Great looking chair so far Kev! I can't believe I missed the start of this build. A sculpted chair is on my bucket list for sure. Nicely done! 

I did use the jigsaw to get the rough lengths out of the boards and the bandsaw to get the rough widths.  Normal milling really except for using the drum sander pretty much in place of the planer to retain enough thickness.  I have a couple steps coming up where I'll be using the planer because the lumber is so badly cupped.  If I can't save enough thickness then, I'll be heading to the lumber yard to try to do some color matching.

On that note, overall, I was not too impressed with the BF order.  There was a lot of lumber that is completely unusable. I've sent them a note and we'll see what the response is.  In the meantime, I've just sourced replacement material locally and will move on.

I am kind of surprised that you went with BF for this project especially using walnut. I have noticed that not only is walnut really expensive but its very hit and miss these days. If you have never been to Edensaw, you need to go. Worth the trip to PT, their selection is bigger than anything I have seen or even heard of. 

I forgot to mention that Edensaw also delivers. Maybe not right your area but I think they do deliver to B-Ham.

• Like 1

Kev you did a phenomenal job!! Are you using the tried and true oil like Marc did?

Yes, going to give it a whirl..  Never used it before so, we'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the kind words

Beautiful, Kev! I can't believe how quickly you ran through this. Its going to look awesome under finish!!!

It'll be just over a month by the time I'm done and I worked on it just about every day.  

• Like 1

Yes, going to give it a whirl..  Never used it before so, we'll see how it get goes.

Thanks for the kind words

It'll be just over a month by the time I'm done and I worked on it just about every day.  

Just amazing Kev! Thant thing is going to pop when you hit it with some oil.

I hate to say it but you'll probably be pretty old and decrepit the last time you sit in that chair.  If you're lucky, your great grand kids are going to think of it as THE chair that the cranky old man used to sit in.

Edited by davewyo
spelling
  • Like 2

Just amazing Kev! Thant thing is going to pop when you hit it with some oil.

I hate to say it but you'll probably be pretty old and decrepit the last time you sit in that chair.  If you're lucky, your great grand kids are going to think of it as THE chair that the cranky old man used to sit in.

Let's hope so!