Sculpted Rocker

..Kev

No, they were just set together, not connected..  Sorry, I should have pulled them apart a bit.  Each one was shaped individually.

Lower spindle tenons cut and fit.  Still some hand work to do down there but, that was about all for me today!

A couple pages ago..;)  The crest rail (head rest) is from 10/4 stock and then shaped with the template and drilled for the slats.  The upper and lower shape is personal preference, there is no template

Wow! I probably "liked" the post but I've forgotten along the way. You're going too fast for me to keep up!

• Like 1

Will spend tomorrow just shaping the spindles so, won't be much of an update.

Ah yes, but to me that's the fun part...the finessing of the shapes.

Oh...and thanks for the terminology on the crest rail.

I like to get terms right rather than saying the "what-cha-ma-call-it".

I had a roommate in college whose father (for some unknown reason) called every unknown thing a "feduka". I still use the nonsense term to this day.

• Like 1

So you did a test fit but did you do a test sit? How does she caress your cheeks??

Yes, I did a test sit.  It's really incredible!  I know it's easy to be biased because of the amount of work I have in it but, it was super comfortable!

• Like 1

Yes, I did a test sit.  It's really incredible!  I know it's easy to be biased because of the amount of work I have in it but, it was super comfortable!

I made a shop stool mainly for the purpose of testing the "sit" of the seat in preparation for a Maloof rocker build. Oh my, it sits so very well!

• Like 1

I made a shop stool mainly for the purpose of testing the "sit" of the seat in preparation for a Maloof rocker build. Oh my, it sits so very well!

The seat is very cool and comfortable but, when added to the shape of the spindles, it's a really great "sit"..

• Like 1