A chair that rocks!!

shaneymack

I'm impressed that you're maintaining such high quality at that pace Shane!  I really like how you are verifying each step, making sure everything is as it should be before moving on.  Doing it right by making the needed jigs, carefully marking out all the waste areas, doing lots of dry-fits.

Now go tuck those kids into bed - your fans need their project journal pics and updates!

haha you are hilarious! Thanks for the compliment. I got alot done today so I will update in the morning! 

Dang Shane you are just flying on this! You should take a 1/2 day off sometime and stop down and help me finish my Roubo. 

I would love to Mike! You pay the flights and im on my way!!

Dude not only is the project coming along great, but this journal is great too.  Really appreciate all the detail and the hours log.  Nice work.

Thanks Brian,  I thought the total time would be good info to have for anyone else looking to build this chair in the future.

Looking great Shane.  You do nice clean work that I approve of. :D  You're an animal.  Do it.

Thanks Man! Im trying!

Again, great progress Shane!

That carving disk looks like it won't forgive any mistake...

The disk is super easy to use, you just have to be VERY careful when you approach the lines. Thats why i did the lines with the grinder vertically. It really helped establish the lines without going over them. A little dangerous though.....

I think you've built 10 or 12 of these before. Tell us the truth, did you teach Sam? 

Seriously. Your work flow seems extremely well thought out and the results show the pride you are taking with this build. 

Lol ! No John this is my very first one. I appreciate the compliment. Im just a guy building a chair in his garage lol

Again Shane this has been a joy to watch.  Quick off topic question.  I noticed you have the Driftmaster fence on your larger bandsaw. are you happy with it?  I know you received it free of charge so that may sway your view.  The other thing, have you ever tried using the fence from your 1412 on the Driftmaster? I curious because it is a higher fence that would give more support for resawing wider pieces. 

• Like 1

Shane that video cracked me up - I don't know why, but I expected you to have an accent.  But you sound just like me, other than "aboot" and "sahnder" :)

(I'm such an American jerk...)

In all seriousness though, I was shocked that it was only a 20 minute carving job.  I would've thought it would take longer.  Nice job man, it looks great.

Edit:  I just pulled the trigger on that interface pad.  Thanks for spending my money.

Edited by bgreenb
  • Like 1

Shane that video cracked me up - I don't know why, but I expected you to have an accent.  But you sound just like me, other than "aboot" and "sahnder" :)

(I'm such an American jerk...)

In all seriousness though, I was shocked that it was only a 20 minute carving job.  I would've thought it would take longer.  Nice job man, it looks great.

Edit:  I just pulled the trigger on that interface pad.  Thanks for spending my money.

Hahaha!! I expected no less than to be made fun off! I love it!! :D The "rough" shape was about 20 mins. There will be alot more time in sanding and shaping the front profile. Im glad youre buying the interface pad its awesome, thats why i posted the video!! Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Huh? :huh:

Shane doesn't have an accent like I don't have a beer belly.  Or did you expect him to sound like Pepe Le Pew?  LOL

Shane...that mahogany is bee-you-tee-full.  Can't say I've ever seen one of these in mahogany.  Gonna be awesome and unique.  Ebony for the rockers right? ;)

• Like 1

Huh? :huh:

Shane doesn't have an accent like I don't have a beer belly.  Or did you expect him to sound like Pepe Le Pew?  LOL

Shane...that mahogany is bee-you-tee-full.  Can't say I've ever seen one of these in mahogany.  Gonna be awesome and unique.  Ebony for the rockers right? ;)

Ebony for rockers?? What am i made of money?? You seen the price of that stuff?? Maybe a nice dark piece of wenge and maple. Not sure but id better decide quick. This thing is going pretty quick Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Btw. We don't have accents in Boston. We speak properly. Everyone else has accents. 

No, that's St. Louis you're thinking of.  Except the idiots from South City who say "warsh" and "harmones."  My mother is one of them. :rolleyes:  No wonder I'm half moron.

Sorry Shane, back on track...

Awesome work as usual Shane!  I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the horns!

You'll be glad that you didn't have that Miller bit for drilling your screw holes!  They oversize the hole so you have to futz with epoxy to plug the holes.

Kev, thats exactly why i didnt buy it. I had a feeling there was less control over the plug hole. I did my plug holes with a 3/8" forstner so my plugs should fit snug as a bug in a rug. Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk