Shop Overhaul Rev 8675309

Tom Cancelleri

15 hours ago, Chet K. said:

Well I wasn't sure I would like it but now that I have been working with it a while, I am glad Kev (Orgo Man) moved my bench and opened up the floor space some.  

Orgo Man strikes again!

I like version 2.  If I had to build a bed or other giant project, I'd just move the bench temporarily.  I don't even have that luxury in my shop but I make do.

• 3 weeks later...

Tom, I just rescanned this thread because I remember the issue you had running the AC and having humid air sneak back in through the vent outside...  Did you come to a good solution for that?  I can't remember how it played out and didn't see it discussed too much here.

thanks bud

On 8/17/2016 at 4:06 PM, -MattK- said:

Tom, I just rescanned this thread because I remember the issue you had running the AC and having humid air sneak back in through the vent outside...  Did you come to a good solution for that?  I can't remember how it played out and didn't see it discussed too much here.

thanks bud

My first thing I did was to insulate the exhaust pipe to try to keep it from getting too cold from the A/C. I've been keeping the A/C at 73 in the shop which has also helped. I will eventually replace the exhaust vent with a seal spring loaded cap. Things have been so crazy the last 3ish weeks and I haven't touched the shop. I got in there today for about an hour to move the Roubo and the drum sander. I'm hoping to get in some work in there this weekend. 

On 7/31/2016 at 2:10 AM, Tom Cancelleri said:

I'm thinking layout 1 maybe a touch further away from the garage door. Big open for space would be nice. In other news, the table saw has the worst dust collection setup ever. They didn't even try to make it useful.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

My Carbatec saw is basically the jet model you have. I agree with you re the top guard but I found the collection from the cabinet excellent. I replaced the top guard with the sawstop model. A bit of mucking around because I had to use the existing splitter and hybrid the sawstop guard onto it. Best collection ever!

That's awesome.  My breaker boxes are nightmares.  No labels, anywhere.  So every time I need to mess with a switch or something...you know the routine...get on the phone with the wife...

Now?

Nope.

Now?

Nope.

Now?

Nope.

Now?

Nope.

Now?

Nope.

Now?

Yep.

Sigh.

• 4 months later...
On 8/20/2016 at 0:04 PM, Eric. said:

That's awesome.  My breaker boxes are nightmares.  No labels, anywhere.  So every time I need to mess with a switch or something...you know the routine...get on the phone with the wife...

Now?

Nope.

Now?

Nope.

Now?

Nope.

Now?

Nope.

Now?

Nope.

Now?

Yep.

Sigh.

I bought a circuit tracer for about $40 made by Klein Tools.  Plug one end into a socket, and then you wave this magic wand over the breakers until it detects the signal.

It works maybe 75% of the time... 

https://www.amazon.com/Klein-Tools-ET300-Digital-Circuit/dp/B003LHJSY8

We've got one circuit which involves two outlets in the basement hallway, a GFCI in the main level laundry room, and 4 outlets on the exterior of the house.   Fortunately the cable equipment is plugged in, so you know if something happened to trip the GFCI run to the laundry room. :-)

TC, middle picture above - what's the blast gate sticking out in the middle of the wall above the ductwork?  Is that for make-up air when you're venting outside?

That blast gate connects to a 6" vent fan that exhausts when plugged in. The blast gate is hooked to a spring attached to the ceiling and a wire on the other side that I can pull and tie to keep it open and untie to close the vent.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk