Shop Overhaul Rev 8675309

Tom Cancelleri

32 minutes ago, Brendon_t said:

I'm enjoying and partially in awe of your new sucker system TC. I'm curious as to how you will leak test it. I have a fogger leak tester that pressurized the area with smoke but not sure that would work on such a system. 

Unscented incense punks.  

1 hour ago, Tom Cancelleri said:

Wednesday is inspection starting day. Not sure when I'll be inspected, but they can't come on my property, just allowed to observe from the street. If I catch them on my property, they'll be staring down the barrel of a .45

Then you'll have urine to clean up. :D

• Like 2

All this duct work and cyclone posting is making me slightly jealous. Shop is looking really good. I'm taking notes as well i have an HF DC that i just bought that I'm going to attempt to duct in to my TS and planer.

13 hours ago, Tom Cancelleri said:

Wednesday is inspection starting day. Not sure when I'll be inspected, but they can't come on my property, just allowed to observe from the street. If I catch them on my property, they'll be staring down the barrel of a .45

.45 colt or .45 acp? There is a big difference in the pee amount on each of those. My hat is off to you for putting up with HOA. I don't know much about them but i know they wouldn't agree with me.

2 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

All this duct work and cyclone posting is making me slightly jealous. Shop is looking really good. I'm taking notes as well i have an HF DC that i just bought that I'm going to attempt to duct in to my TS and planer.

.45 colt or .45 acp? There is a big difference in the pee amount on each of those. My hat is off to you for putting up with HOA. I don't know much about them but i know they wouldn't agree with me.

ACP, I guess if I really wanted to scare them I could break out the 3" magnum shot shells. 

Around here 95% of everything from me east is ruled by HOA. It's a huge pain. Their inspectors are incompetent, last year I got a letter saying my porch post was damaged and needed repair. I looked at it, and they were referring to the end grain of the pine moulding that is around the base of the post. Pine grain is really large, and apparently it was damaged to them. So I painted it and said it's fixed. They said it wasn't I filled the grain with wood filler and repainted, apparently that was a good fix. They complained about my chimney cap being rusted, I explained that chimney caps are made from non ferrous metals and can not rust. What they are seeing is oxidation, and therefore I would take no action in repairing it. I also got dinged on my grass being too long. HOA guidelines state grass can not be longer than 8". I went out there with my Woodpeckers 12" ruler and took a picture of the grass at 6" long and said perhaps your inspectors need to be trained to properly measure, and not just make uneducated incorrect blanket statements based on how they are feeling that day. It had rained 2 weekends in a row and I couldn't mow because of it, I said perhaps the inspectors would understand that maybe the grass is a bit longer than usual due to this. Then again maybe they wouldn't seeing as they don't understand anything about building materials or measurements. 

Yea.... I'm a total dick to them when they are wrong. 

• Like 1

It's getting closer and closer!

Planer drop is piped and the hose is on the planer.

Numbers at the planer at the end of the hose is 950 cfm @ 10,650 fpm velocity

1b9226b0f8a921180641ef143bb53943.jpg

1 more branch to install in the ceiling, then I can cap the end, and close off the main trunk. The pipe going across the shop will wait until I have the center soffit painted. So far, I'm pleased with my piping design

12 minutes ago, Tom Cancelleri said:

It's getting closer and closer!

Planer drop is piped and the house is on the planer.

Numbers at the planer at the end of the hose is 950 cfm @ 10,650 fpm velocity

1b9226b0f8a921180641ef143bb53943.jpg

1 more branch to install in the ceiling, then I can cap the end, and close off the main trunk. The pipe going across the shop will wait until I have the center soffit painted. So far, I'm pleased with my piping design

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That is one serious branch section you have going there!

4 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

That is one serious branch section you have going there!

There's a cluster of tools there for the most part. I have 1 more 45 lateral tee to add. While I could do the turn with an elbow, I want to keep a branch that I could possible uncap and expand or add a drop if needed, or if I need to open it up and clean something out. 

4 minutes ago, TIODS said:

Just curious Tom why you didn't run the duct above your lighting?  Looking awesome tho!

Soffits, If I ran it to the ceiling there would be a fair bit of bends to go around the soffits which would have impact on the system. 

The table saw drop that is coming down is supposed to split off to the drum sander. Would be great if my table saw was a 36"

There doesn't seem to be any shadowing from the pipe either. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom Cancelleri said:

Insomnia, you win! 2:30am and I just finished the drill press drop.

Tom, what are you going to do to collect chips and dust at the drill press?  I have a drop at mine but haven't figured out a satisfactory way to collect there.

Tom, what are you going to do to collect chips and dust at the drill press?  I have a drop at mine but haven't figured out a satisfactory way to collect there.

I'm still trying to figure that out. I was thinking a stay put hose. Right now my biggest struggle with the cyclone is going to be changing my workflow to do all my tasks batched out. Seems stupid to turn on the dc for 1 hole at the drill press.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk