Shop Overhaul Rev 8675309

Tom Cancelleri

2 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

Lets go Tom ! This is the battle of the clearvues!! Kev is gaining on you, go, go, go !!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

lol..  Not..  He has all his pipe..  I'm a couple weeks out for mine..

Waiting for an update..

Unfortunately I didn't assemble anymore today. I applied mastic to all the welds on the duct work pieces, crimped the ends I needed to for assembly. Cut some pipe pieces. Going to start at the jointer and work my way to the trunk.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Tom Cancelleri said:

Unfortunately I didn't assemble anymore today. I applied mastic to all the welds on the duct work pieces, crimped the ends I needed to for assembly. Cut some pipe pieces. Going to start at the jointer and work my way to the trunk.

Ah the details ;)

Never quite works like it does in the fancy videos does it?

Ah the details

Never quite works like it does in the fancy videos does it?

Nope! No matter what system you go with you will fight it the whole way with minor annoyances. I'd rather make sure everything is done right the first time, so I don't have to go back and redo things.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tom Cancelleri said:

Nope! No matter what system you go with you will fight it the whole way with minor annoyances. I'd rather make sure everything is done right the first time, so I don't have to go back and redo things.

Ahmen!  Sounds much like my day!

Didn't put the pipe by the jointer, but finally did something that needed doing....

Primed the soffit. Will paint it tomorrow. Then pipe Friday. I'm off next week. Expect lots of updates.

a193e8592471f71b497d057707684bbc.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

and yes.... I know, I have to take the cabinets down and paint the ceiling that is covered by them. Luckily, I'm not going nuts with fixing every imperfection, it's a shop ceiling, and any small imperfections will be ok.

• Like 2

Well ive been in construction most my life and layoff are a regular part of the job. Guys get laid off here and there as work comes and goes. I havent been laid off in 10 years but for a lot of guys it's yearly and they know its coming.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, Tom Cancelleri said:

They drop the hammer tomorrow and lay people off. I took off next week for Memorial day, I need to use up my annual leave before the end of June or I lose it. Seems like a good time to work in the shop before it starts really getting hot outside. 

Good plan, wish I had done that back in March. Enjoy it!

On track, started piping. Floor sweep is taped up, need to cut some pipe for the jointer which will connect to that branch on there. I will say, taping ducting sucks. I'll have to do a leak test when I'm all done, but I'm fairly certain my sealing is going to be more than sufficient.

b80bff411b01db2914e43ad0d70c7af2.jpg

• Like 1

Looks great! That tape is kind of a pain to put on but works great. I used it and and also applied a light bead of clear silicone on the top and bottom of my blast gates.

I am planning on silicone for the blast gates. I contemplated drilling and tapping them and installing machine screws through the ducting, but I'm thinking that's overkill.