Shop Overhaul Rev 8675309

Tom Cancelleri

1 hour ago, Tom Cancelleri said:

I've thought pretty hard about this one. I have a dust hood that can be mounted on pretty much anything. I use is mostly when sanding on the lathe. I plan on having that and a floor sweep for the lathe with 2 blast gates, one at each collection point. 

I'm doing the same thing at my lathe - floor pick-up and a 4" for a dust hood.  I thought this penn state one looked good with the arm that connects to your ways:  https://www.pennstateind.com/store/DLGULP.html

I'd also been playing with building something out of that 8020 aluminum t-slot stuff but I think that may end up being pretty expensive.

20 minutes ago, Brendon_t said:

Sweet man. 

I've got a decent sketch up ready for a move but have to talk a buddy or two into coming over to help move stuff around. 

This stuff is not light! The lathe and jointer were the worst. My dad gave me a hand getting the lathe in place and releveling it. What's your layout look like?

Moving the Roubo is harsh... I could've setup my saw horses, taken the slabs off and moved the base and then reassembled. Instead I decided to lift and wiggle, lift and wiggle, curse, swear, bitch, moan. Other side... Lift, wiggle, lift, wiggle. Nice thing is now that it's in place, I turn around and the miter saw is right there there's a ton of room around the bench, and an area large enough that I could get an MFT and still be able to move around it.