Shop Overhaul Rev 8675309

Tom Cancelleri

2 minutes ago, Chet K. said:

Something like that and a Milwaukee Sawzall and you could take a house down.

Check, and check! Got em both.

Also the Phucker Upper was a Tom Cancelleri deal. In clearance at home depot for 9 bucks and some change.

3 hours ago, Cliff said:

Around here we call that the FUBAR

That is actually what it's called.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Stanley-Xtreme-Fubar-Functional-Utility-Bar-55-099/100488979?cm_mmc=Shopping|THD|G|0|G-BASE-PLA-D25T-HandTools|&gclid=CjwKEAjw7e66BRDhnrizmcGc8VcSJABR6gaRFObtYLSe51JLlSiBE057nmx4jAPOkWzaEBlBTUPpiBoC8Wjw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tom Cancelleri said:

I seriously thought that was just a nickname for it. I don't have one myself. Dang. Learnt something I did!

Is the panel going to be recessed between the studs? I can't tell from the photo. If so, you may want to run a conduit up to an 8x8 junction box that will stick proud of the drywall a couple of inches. Then you can run surface conduit at a later date when (not if) you get some great new machine (which you will have gotten a killer deal on) :)  

• 2 weeks later...
Since you didn't leave a bunch of empty spots in that panel, you must be done searching for CL steals. 

I'm just jealous at this particular skill, because I am a complete idiot (this may be a little generous as to my skill level)when it comes to electrical.

I have no room for anymore tools. Electrical is so easy. It's easier than plugging in all the cables to a desktop computer.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I second Tom. 5 mins of YouTube videos and you could add a breaker to your panel no problem. 

Tom, your panel work is very neat. I'm sure you will complimented if you get it inspected. 

Thanks. I wish the thhn cable would stay put a little better, it's stranded though because it's in the conduit runs.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

HUGE REVELATION! Last night around 2AM I was putting some joint compound on the soffit so that I can paint it, and I had a huge idea, I'm talking workflow changing, and a huge space optimization, along with being able to use the cabinet I built for the shop back in February of 2015. I move my miter saw to the other side of the shop, put both bandsaws on the same wall, along with the router table. No miter table to be the outfeed for the minimax however. This is ok, as I can always setup folding outfeed rollers, or even use the router table as outfeed for resawing. 

I took a few hours and sketched up my old cabinet, added on a section for some more storage. (I still need to build it)

Screen_Shot_2016_06_29_at_3_44_24_PM.png