Shop Overhaul Rev 8675309

Tom Cancelleri

So I'm a complete idiot! I was trying to move the strap 1 hole in the screw holding the ductwork up. I get on the ladder, I put the screw through the next hole. I line it up, get my screw gun on the screw start to drive the screw, the gun slips and the strap slips, and my ductwork falls and breaks the tape, and pulls some of the screws. Had to call my dad to help me get a giant section back up. More screws, more tape. All fixed.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'm in a giving mood... Monday I drove off from the gas station with the pump still in my car. I heard it clunk onto the pavement as it tore away from the thing, got out, put it back - it was still there disconnected this morning.. 

So.. I feel like that should be a standard.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2016 at 8:33 AM, davestanton said:

I am not going to even go near the idiot things I have done. 

Getting close to finished Tom?

Should be finished with all renovation work and everything in place by the end of next weekend. Might be just short of painting at the worst. T minus 5 hours until I can start my weekend in the shop getting things going. Going to move the table saw into position, hook it to the DC, and the back half of the shop is 100% complete. Front needs under the subpanel closed up, some joint compound, and paint. Then I need to move some stuff around like a 160+ pound slab, clean up some rubbish and debris from all the work. Lay out the mats I bought, turn the Roubo. I'm debating on Roubo location right now. 

Screen_Shot_2016_07_29_at_12_09_59_PM.pn

Screen_Shot_2016_07_29_at_12_10_19_PM.pn

• Like 1

For me it would be version two as I use both sides of my roubo constantly as I have a moxon vise attached to the back side that I use for cutting joinery. Even with out that i think I would use both sides enough to want access all the way around it.

Bet you'll be glad to have it complete it looks great!

2 hours ago, TIODS said:

I'll be the oddball..  I like option one because a bench can be moved if you really need to work all the way around it.  Having that open floor space in the middle is super nice to have all the time!

Well I wasn't sure I would like it but now that I have been working with it a while, I am glad Kev (Orgo Man) moved my bench and opened up the floor space some.  

• Like 1