Picture Test Post

gee-dub

I am relatively new to the forum but, get the 1.9MB limit error when posting pictures more often than not.  the pics I'm posting are 100KB to 130KB and I only post a couple so no where near the limit. Is it me?

For example I just tried to post an 83K pic and got the error???

But wait.  I just took the same pic and made the maximum dimension 800 pixels and it posts fine.  Is there a maximum dimension limit I may be running into?

Vise jig for rounds (2)_renamed_11132.jpg

Once an image has been refused by the system because of its size, all subsequent attempts to upload an image will also fail, even for small images, UNTIL the page is reloaded (i.e by pressing F5 for Windows or CMD-R for Mac).

Obviously it's a bug of the forum software.

BTW the 1.95mb limit is still being enforced, at least for me. Wouldn't let my upload the very same 5mb image Marc uploaded.

23 minutes ago, Keggers said:

8.9mb pic. It took a while to upload but the site took the large size fine.

DSC_1180A.jpg

That image is roughly 200k now (when opened at full size).

And Chestnut's about 144k.

So apparently there is an automatic resizing feature which does not work for everyone.

On the other hand Marc's adirondack chair is truly almost 5mb (when fully opened). And I can't upload it.

3 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

It's letting me upload it. I wonder if the downsizing is just turned on for us common folk, which makes sense saves server space. I wouldn't be surprised to learn there are perks to being admin. :)

one-chair.JPG.e11ac7eea3b9ac16b52e7398b4c0efa4.JPG

Your pic has been resized to 156k...

Do you see the file limit legend in your file upload box?

fupload.JPG

1 minute ago, Immortan D said:

Your pic has been resized to 156k...

Do you see the file limit legend in your file upload box?

fupload.JPG

Nope, Could it be discrimination against Master Posters? :) I'm sure there are user levels and beings that marc is looking into it some settings are just getting missed between the user groups. I hope he appreciates our information.Untitled1.png

18 hours ago, TIODS said:

I host everything thru Imageshack and then just drop the link in here.  Works every time.  Plus, then I have all my pics in one place.

However, not uploading the pics to the forum means that when you abandon your site all your posts become less valuable or possibly even worthless.  Maybe imageshack will be available for all time but, things like photobucket have really trashed other forums I visit.  Just a thought.

As to my personal issues (and it sounds like I am not alone), if I make the image 800 pixels max in any direction the pic posts fine.  I have not taken the time to play with other sizes as this size is commonly used at other forums I visit. Self correcting engines on forums are sketchy at best so others may want to try this to see if it works for them.

Beams (7).jpg

Beams (16).jpg

Beams (17).jpg

Just now, Chestnut said:

Nope, Could it be discrimination against Master Posters? :) I'm sure there are user levels and beings that marc is looking into it some settings are just getting missed between the user groups. I hope he appreciates our information.

Something like that. A group setting is different. Maybe in that category (junior, journeyman, master) or in the other (supporters, members, moderators, mentors, admins)

I got 13.9 Mpixel (4580x3056) and 14.7 Mpixel (4700x3136) to upload but not 15.3 Mpixel (4800x3203)

I agree on the hosting part but i don't have time to use the site for uploading it's easier to host it and insert an image via link. I don't really have my images sorted in a logical order at least through the file browser. I use applications (adobe lightroom) to push uploads and organize pictures.

13 minutes ago, gee-dub said:

However, not uploading the pics to the forum means that when you abandon your site all your posts become less valuable or possibly even worthless.  Maybe imageshack will be available for all time but, things like photobucket have really trashed other forums I visit.  Just a thought.

I don't totally disagree with that.  However, I've had the same account for about 8 years and don't see it going away anytime soon.