Tesla Model 3

boelkers

11 minutes ago, Jeff800 said:

Sure and wait to take delivery in 2018, by the time you receive it, it will have depreciated $15,000

Being that they haven't even been priced yet, that would be interesting. 

I'm very seriously considering it.  $1000 deposit, fully refundable any point before delivery.

I think the Gigafactory and battery improvements & break throughs are key to electric cars and alternative energy. The whole house battery backup they announced might end up being more important than the cars. Storing solar and wind energy to shave peak loads or use at night should make a difference.

• Like 2

You really have nothing to lose.  The pre-order is refundable if you want to back out at any time.  The reason that guy camped out is because of order priority.  The order priority follows Tesla employees, Current/Previous Tesla owners, orders place at Tesla Dealerships, Online orders.  Then theres region priority too as they roll it out.

36 minutes ago, boelkers said:

I don't quite thing thats how depreciation works.  Either way, I'm pumped to get the car.

Just giving you a hard time, wait time is showing over 18 months in some cases.  I think I would forget that I ordered it, still it is interesting.  It will be fun to see what things develop in that sector of vehicles. 

6 minutes ago, Jeff800 said:

Just giving you a hard time, wait time is showing over 18 months in some cases.  I think I would forget that I ordered it, still it is interesting.  It will be fun to see what things develop in that sector of vehicles. 

Same, I was just giving you a hard time back.  Yeah, the whole wait 18 months is frustrating but doable.  If it came out tomorrow I wouldn't be in any position to pay for it at the moment.  18 months gives me some time to save up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

And stock analysts were saying that cheap gas was going to be the death of Tesla. They forgot that a good car is valuable no matter what it uses for fuel. I was tempted to put in an order but then remembered there are many other cars I'd rather have.

They said the same about gasoline cars when diesel got cheaper. See how that worked out... 

2 hours ago, wdwerker said:

I think the Gigafactory and battery improvements & break throughs are key to electric cars and alternative energy. The whole house battery backup they announced might end up being more important than the cars. Storing solar and wind energy to shave peak loads or use at night should make a difference.

Steve, I couldn't agree more.  Pushing the envelope on technology for one avenue can open the market up for so many other great possible things in our future.

And stock analysts were saying that cheap gas was going to be the death of Tesla. They forgot that a good car is valuable no matter what it uses for fuel. I was tempted to put in an order but then remembered there are many other cars I'd rather have.

Cheap gas? Maybe in the USA but here it is 1.07/litre which works out to over 4$ a gallon. I'll take the electric!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

Cheap gas? Maybe in the USA but here it is 1.07/litre which works out to over 4$ a gallon. I'll take the electric! emoji1.png

How much was it a year and a half ago? Weren't you paying near $6 a gallon?

Tesla has stated that a truck is a possibility.  The model 3 is tempting, but I'll wait, as I don't anticipate buying a new car for about 7 years if I can.  Then I hope the electric cars are dollar for dollar same as gasoline cars, and hope to have a massive solar panel installation that powers the home and the car.  Solar PV keeps getting cheaper and cheaper.  

Cheap gas? Maybe in the USA but here it is 1.07/litre which works out to over 4$ a gallon. I'll take the electric!

How much was it a year and a half ago? Weren't you paying near $6 a gallon?

Ya it peaked at around 1.50/L. It averaged around 1.30/L

I want this car so friggin bad. I did not put money down for two reasons 1. I owe three years on my current car and 2. I am short-sighted and dumb and have dropped over 4k on tools in the last month. Had I really thought it out, I'd have dumped all that money on my car to get it paid off quicker so I'd be in position to buy this thing. 

I'm a huge fan of every vehicle they have released so far. They are an amazing company and have great products. The warranty alone is worth it. Add in the gas (of which at sub-$2.00/gallon I'm still paying $120-150/month) and it's a no-brainer.