Basic Tool Chest

shaneymack

2 hours ago, Chet K. said:

I am thinking I need to start printing out your journals and put then in a binder out in my shop.  Great reference for the future!

1 hour ago, Eric. said:

Well done sir.

1 hour ago, TIODS said:

Awesome!  I'm sure that someone will benefit from that detail at some point!  Hell, it might even be me!

1 hour ago, bushwacked said:

DAMN! This is another great job! Cant wait to see it all finished. Getting close.

Thanks guys ! Im glad the detail is appreciated. 

Shane, the detail on the lock set install is great, thanks for posting it!

We need to have an intervention soon, though. Even your TAPE is green!

Haha!! I thought the same thing. I actually haven't bought a festool in 6 months ! Theres hope for me yet !

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

I actually haven't bought a festool in 6 months !

Holy crap!  Are you feeling ok?  Got the shakes?  Are you sure you don't want to wean yourself down slowly?  Maybe a small router, then a small ROS, then a systainer....

I actually haven't bought a festool in 6 months !

Holy crap!  Are you feeling ok?  Got the shakes?  Are you sure you don't want to wean yourself down slowly?  Maybe a small router, then a small ROS, then a systainer....

LOL ! To be honest there is nothing festool that I really need. Actually, there's not really any tool that I really need. Not saying i won't find things to buy eventually but I needed a break after last years spending blitz !

While remodeling the carpet pad i was pulling out green and i really wanted an excuse to make a fessplosion joke and i knew you'd appreciate it. It's about the right color. This is your kind of carpet pad am I right?

13043667_10100978616267289_5066892329222115535_n.jpg?oh=0a42020a76e448a4b1f87916d71f8045&oe=57B3564B

Who needs a carpet when the pad is that pretty !!

• Like 1

Looks awesome Shane!

It's amazing how dull a bandsaw blade can get before we really notice it!

Ya I look forward to getting it back from sharpening ! Wish there was someone here that did it but I have to send it all the way to Laguna in Ca.

Looks awesome Shane!

It's amazing how dull a bandsaw blade can get before we really notice it!

Ya I look forward to getting it back from sharpening ! Wish there was someone here that did it but I have to send it all the way to Laguna in Ca.

• 4 weeks later...

The wife took all the kids to the barn with her yesterday so I got a full day in the shop. I was hoping to get this thing completed but that didn't happen. Feels like this thing has been in my shop for years.

I was kinda out of it and forgot about my journal. Not my usual detail but here a some pics of whats going on

I got all the dovetails cut and glued up the drawers

dd6a9c0caf49e263d9f023e64e94e67c.jpg

I totally forgot about these blocks. I bought a bunch of them like 10 years ago when i had a couple kitchens to do. They help with squaring up and clamp alignment.

804c51a85fd80543c687e6f36284a637.jpg

df4f45bd4238b26d646211f004afa7a2.jpg

While the drawers were setting up I prepped the poplar for the back of the case. Here is a pic of them after resawing.

6128afe11cbc77c7c83745956936bd39.jpg

Drum sanded and stickered, ready to shiplap

6a12a65199f89617533bd7c77f1c84df.jpg

All the drawers out of clamps. Some of the dovetails cleaned up

c7f7a817aadf1161412a8690aa198fca.jpg

Started making the drawer runners.

a4dbeead3d9fea3bad2fe1f94aa5a80e.jpg

They will fit in the case on the frames like so

955b7c6770f6af9f8d9035bd9fd8b983.jpg

Was pretty frustrated I didnt get it done yesterday as I want to make a table for my dad for fathers day and that's approaching quickly !!!

I still have to finish the drawer slides, fit the drawers and shiplap and install the back. Then finishing and hardware installation.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

• Like 1