I fell off the wagon again...

shaneymack

1 minute ago, shaneymack said:

For shop only use i can see you point, but for in and out of the truck and carrying in and out of the jobsite they are great.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I agree.  My tools never leave my shop.  And never will.

• Like 1

For my frequency into the systainers, I like having them in the shop.  The bits and pieces that go with some of them make that storage much easier.  Frankly, for my shop, the systainer is simply the best storage option.

That's not to say it's for everyone but, it's best for me and my work flow.

• Like 1

For my frequency into the systainers, I like having them in the shop.  The bits and pieces that go with some of them make that storage much easier.  Frankly, for my shop, they systainer is simply the best storage option.

That's not to say it's for everyone but, it's best for me and my work flow.

The same for me Kev. Especially once you have them set up on slides its awesome. I need to make atleast 3 sysports. My systainer collection is growing like wildfire!

Just now, shaneymack said:

The same for me Kev. Especially once you have them set up on slides its awesome. I need to make atleast 3 sysports. My systainer collection is growing like wildfire!

I certainly have no plans of adding more.  If I did then, my current storage system would simply not work and I'd be forced to come up with something different.  Here's hoping they don't come up with another game changer like the domino ;)

Just now, Mike. said:

I am with Kev.  I do store my Festool stuff in their systainers for all of the above reasons.  They are well thought out.  They hold the tool snuggly but also have enough room that you can randomly throw bits and pieces in.  Not like those blow-molded cases that come with DIY gear.  With those who have to have a PhD in engineering to make things fit and have the case close.

Agreed!  As well as the fact that those other cases don't play nice together!  All those other cases in my shop have been removed.

I am with Kev.  I do store my Festool stuff in their systainers for all of the above reasons.  They are well thought out.  They hold the tool snuggly but also have enough room that you can randomly throw bits and pieces in.  Not like those blow-molded cases that come with DIY gear.  With those you have to have a PhD in engineering to make things fit and have the case close.

And I love that Festool gives you instructions on the underside of the lid for all the guys that are used to the regular cases that are impossible to figure out.

22 minutes ago, Mike. said:

I am with Kev.  I do store my Festool stuff in their systainers for all of the above reasons.  They are well thought out.  They hold the tool snuggly but also have enough room that you can randomly throw bits and pieces in.  Not like those blow-molded cases that come with DIY gear.  With those you have to have a PhD in engineering to make things fit and have the case close.

I know a guy with a PhD in engineering and he probably couldn't get it to work either. It's all just black magic.

2 minutes ago, vinnyjojo said:

I ditched my Systainers into a dark corner of the basement and out of my shop. Useless garbage

Which was my point..  They're not for everyone's shop but, for those that use them, they're a great solution.

Love my Festools...don't really need the cases though. If the cases didn't have a cool name I'm pretty sure they'd be in the same plastic scrap pile as the porter cable router case.

If im ever in your area, ill buy them from you !

So you actually use your personal tools at your job? I thought you worked for a large company? 

Well the only actual labour I do now is deficiences before delivery and service calls, depending what it is. I have every tool available at my disposal for that for sure.

I use my personal tools on my side jobs. If there is something I don't have that I need ( jack hammer, concrete saw, powder actuated nailer) I just borrow from the company.