Shameless Beggar

Eric.

5 minutes ago, mat60 said:

I wish I could help Eric..The wife and I are not able..

No worries Mark.  You focus on getting that keyboard repaired and I'll hit you up next year. :D

15 minutes ago, midtnwoodworker said:

Thanks Eric!

Are you pretty close to your commitment yet? What is the cutoff for donations? 

I met and exceeded my commitment last night...but don't tell anyone. :D

Whatever additional funds get donated goes to help defray the cost of commitments for other riders on my team who don't have such awesome woodworker buddies.  It all goes to the cause.

We're having a fundraiser tonight at Beth and Curt's house.  Anheuser Busch donated the beer, Papa John's donated the pizza, Dairy Queen donated the ice cream cake, and lots of other donations.  We're also having a cornhole tournament (for those of you weirdos who call it bags, here...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornhole) 50/50 raffle, and other raffles with prizes like Cardinals tickets and hotel stays, etc.  They put a ton of work into this thing.  Should be fun!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RichardA said:

My interpretation at 3:30 this morning was, attitude problem!

I had just finished installing a power steering pump in the wifes car last night and wasnt to happy and that also didnt help..I think Eric was kiding and I just didnt feel that this was the right thread for it..I also feel if you havent seen cancer in your home with a wife or love one than a person hasnt seen the worst of it ..I also adimit this cancer stuff has been geting to me to much and been trying to do better with that..If I would have waited till this morning I never would have said what I did in the way I had..So..Sorry for my attitude problem Eric and others..

39 minutes ago, mat60 said:

I had just finished installing a power steering pump in the wifes car last night and wasnt to happy and that also didnt help..I think Eric was kiding and I just didnt feel that this was the right thread for it..I also feel if you havent seen cancer in your home with a wife or love one than a person hasnt seen the worst of it ..I also adimit this cancer stuff has been geting to me to much and been trying to do better with that..If I would have waited till this morning I never would have said what I did in the way I had..So..Sorry for my attitude problem Eric and others..

Bud, I have cancer in my home at this very minute... I know the crap cancer causes... You don't need to apologize to me.. your piss poor attitude, toward Eric is the one you should be apologizing to.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mat60 said:

It's no big deal, I was just messin' around man.  A little levity can be a good thing even amidst serious issues.  No need to get too heavy in this thread.  All good, carry on! :)

8 minutes ago, Eric. said:

It's no big deal, I was just messin' around man.  A little levity can be a good thing even amidst serious issues.  No need to get too heavy in this thread.  All good, carry on! :)

I am sorry and Im glad you are here alot more than you was for a while because of your house stuff.

Most folks around chicago call it bags, I think.  I can't say cornhole with a straight face, my mind wanders directly to "i am the great cornholio, I need TP for my bunghole"

Its a popular game but I don't play it much, mostly because I suck at any activity where a score is kept.  

It's a mix in St. Louis, some call it bags and some call it cornhole.  I call it bags in mixed company just because I don't wanna get the looks and explain everything...but cornhole is much more fun to say.

The wife and I got knocked out of the tournament in the first bracket.  I'm a fairly decent cornholer but too many beers too early, an unfamiliar cornhole set, and a pair of bots for opponents made for early elimination.  I just drank more.

It was a good time and I believe around 6k was raised.  Thanks to you guys that total is closer to 7k.  Y'all are amazing.  Thanks again everybody.

(And just for the record, you can still make donations up to and including September 24th...just follow the link in the first post of this thread.) :)