Reconditioned Dewalt 735

xxdabroxx

54 minutes ago, xxdabroxx said:

Well, I did it now.  I clicked the order button.  Should be here sometime next week.  Looks like ramen it is for the rest of the pay period. haha

Hey, you can get creative with that stuff... boil up the noodles and then stir fry it with some vegetables and beef/chicken... add a little sauce and you've got budget gourmet!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MisterDrow said:

Hey, you can get creative with that stuff... boil up the noodles and then stir fry it with some vegetables and beef/chicken... add a little sauce and you've got budget gourmet!

Here's the recipe book

https://www.amazon.com/Everybody-Loves-Ramen-Recipes-Stories/dp/144947893X

• Like 2

8 hours ago, xxdabroxx said:

They are having a sale right now, you get $100 off a $500 purchase.  I don't really have the extra money right now, but I didn't think I could pass up that deal. 

Crap - I just bought myself a bunch of presents, but this is hard to pass up.  every time I buy something new, I kick myself for not checking CPO first.  My personal theory is that most of them are new in box where the person had buyer's remorse or it was a gift they didn't want.  Stores aren't supposed to sell returns as new.

14 hours ago, Beechwood Chip said:

Crap - I just bought myself a bunch of presents, but this is hard to pass up.  every time I buy something new, I kick myself for not checking CPO first.  My personal theory is that most of them are new in box where the person had buyer's remorse or it was a gift they didn't want.  Stores aren't supposed to sell returns as new.

That's how I am.  I just dumped a bunch of money on stuff for deer season then Boom, $100 off a planer and I have a pantry and kitchen build coming up.  Cant pass that up. 

In my experience, the recon tools are basically as good as new.  In fact the couple that I've bought were brand new, as far as I could tell.  I wouldn't hesitate.  And I'm sure they come with some kind of warranty...even if it's just 30 days, it's long enough to know if something is wrong.

• Like 1

If you go to Lowes you can get recon tools. I mean, yeah they are selling them as new, but I'd like some other explanation as to why two separate power washer were broken upon opening the box and were dripping water. 

At least CPO they check it before they sell it to you.

• Like 1

I've bought several recon tools and like them fine. Normally when they are returned they fix not only the main problem but do a thorough check in the rest of the components. They don't want it coming back a scene time

As for Ramen, someone told me years ago that if you take Ramen noodles and add Taco Sauce they taste just like poverty - LOL. Had to eat my fair share over the years ?

• Like 1

I'm excited to get it.  I think I'll grab the wings off of amazon next pay period.  Then I'll probably end up making it some sort of cart as I'm thinking this thing is going to be pretty heavy to move around.  I complain enough just moving around the miter saw.  lol

A cart is a good idea. I use mine as ballast under my light workbench, and dragging it out for use is no fun.

CPO's shipping is a bit slow this go around.  Nothing worse than having tracking info that hasn't been picked up.  The control freak in me has to know when it will be delivered.  I want my new toy darn it.  LOL 

In other news, amazon continues to be the leader in shipping speed. 

12 hours ago, xxdabroxx said:

CPO's shipping is a bit slow this go around.  Nothing worse than having tracking info that hasn't been picked up.  The control freak in me has to know when it will be delivered.  I want my new toy darn it.  LOL 

In other news, amazon continues to be the leader in shipping speed. 

Yeah, they initially told me mine was arriving today, which would have been shockingly fast.  Of course that was wrong and they updated it to day to show friday instead. Not my favorite, but not too bad either since I ordered it last friday.

9 minutes ago, Brendon_t said:

Agreed, but how annoying is it when you order something prime and it takes 3 days..

Yeah...I'm fine with stuff taking 3 days as long as I know ahead of time. They've become so good at shipping that I often find myself needing it on the day they promise it, so the few times they don't make it throws a wrench in some plans I had, inevitably. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, JosephThomas said:

Yeah, they initially told me mine was arriving today, which would have been shockingly fast.  Of course that was wrong and they updated it to day to show friday instead. Not my favorite, but not too bad either since I ordered it last friday.

Yeah...I'm fine with stuff taking 3 days as long as I know ahead of time. They've become so good at shipping that I often find myself needing it on the day they promise it, so the few times they don't make it throws a wrench in some plans I had, inevitably. 

Mine had a label created on the 9th but it hasn't been dropped off at UPS yet.  When I bought it it seemed like they gave me a deliver date, but I can't find one now. 

Edit: Called the CPO, lady on the phone says it's scheduled to be delivered on the 16th, Friday.  Not sure how they are getting it from the east coast to the west coast in 2 days, but whatever.  It would be nice to have it by the weekend though.