Shop Tour

..Kev

3 minutes ago, Mike. said:

Nice tour Kev! I watched the whole thing, and I almost never watch entire videos.  

I bought that same set of mini rasps when they went on sale a few weeks ago.  

I had the same lunchbox planer.  You are right, it would never die! But like you I wanted some of the features of the 735, so I put the grizz out to pasture. The dust blower and dual speeds make it worth the upgrade to the 735. 

I guess a recording studio makes a pretty good shop space! I assume the lathe room was your control room or maybe a drum booth? It must be nice to have some extra storage rooms like that. 

The lathe room was just a large guitar booth.  The studio was the entire 1500 sq ft building.  The wife's quilting room is the only control room.

Thanks for the kind words!  I'm looking forward to getting the 735 in there.

2 minutes ago, Gixxerjoe04 said:

Sweet shop, lots of room and like the stove in there.  Also like the stand for the drum sander, need to build one for mine on casters, would add more storage and be easier to move, just need to find the time.  So how much you paying per bf is your poopy wood?:lol:

Thanks!

"Poopy wood" is anything reclaimed that a client is insistent that I build.  Sometimes the price on that stuff is higher than good quality hard wood!  I always keep a little bit of it on hand for those one off projects tho.

2 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

Thats a great shop, Kev ! Its so nice to have a finished floor rather than just plain old concrete. Makes it feel more like home. 

No quilting room in the video ! Cmon man, just what we were all waiting for LOL!

Great job on the video, Kev. 

Well, I built a lot of stuff in that room..  There's actually some pretty cool stuff in there.  From the quilting perspective, I'm told it ranks up there with the nicest wood shops out there.  Couldn't prove it by me but, that's what I"m told ;)

Thanks Shane!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TIODS said:

Well, I built a lot of stuff in that room..  There's actually some pretty cool stuff in there.  From the quilting perspective, I'm told it ranks up there with the nicest wood shops out there.  Couldn't prove it by me but, that's what I"m told ;)

Thanks Shane!

Well then ! That changes things. If you built stuff in there than I want to see it. Why don't you make another video or alteast post some pics of the stuff you've done in there? Cmon, man, you know you want to !

• Like 1

Just now, shaneymack said:

Well then ! That changes things. If you built stuff in there than I want to see it. Why don't you make another video or alteast post some pics of the stuff you've done in there? Cmon, man, you know you want to !

I have posted pics of most everything I've built in there..  It's just a bit different when you see it all together.  Start following some quilting forums, I'm sure the wife will post that stuff up ;)

14 minutes ago, TIODS said:

Thanks!

"Poopy wood" is anything reclaimed that a client is insistent that I build.  Sometimes the price on that stuff is higher than good quality hard wood!  I always keep a little bit of it on hand for those one off projects tho.

Yea, damn hipsters really drove up the price of reclaimed lumber :lol:  My grandparents burned thousands of dollars worth of barn lumber a handful of years ago when a barn blew down, they couldn't give it away then. 

1 minute ago, K Cooper said:

Kev, great shop and video. It is as I envisioned, spotless and very well organized. My wife watched it over my shoulder and after it was over, she looked at my shop, shook her head and rolled her eyes and went inside! Thanks for sharing the tour with all of us. Have a successful and safe trip.

Thanks Coop!

She didn't have to say! I missed my shop tour op when the last hurricane came thru and filled the floor with an inch of water. Everything was moved out, scrubbed and the non-essentials were disposed of. Now it's back to normal where I know where everything/nothing is!