OF/Work Table

..Kev

Wow Kev.! Somehow I missed an update and I just caught up. Your OF(and then some) table really came out great!

The video journey was really nice too. I like your quick-fade through the process sort of editing. There's a whole lot of knowledge condensed into your little 4 min. videos. Keep 'em coming. Please.:)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, davewyo said:

Wow Kev.! Somehow I missed an update and I just caught up. Your OF(and then some) table really came out great!

The video journey was really nice too. I like your quick-fade through the process sort of editing. There's a whole lot of knowledge condensed into your little 4 min. videos. Keep 'em coming. Please.:)

Thanks Dave, much appreciated!  I've got a couple more projects pretty much done to put out while I'm on the road.

• Like 1

Great video, and very cool out feed table!   I do have a question, do you think the appliance lift is stable enough for work?  I just copied, stole, borrowed your idea for a cabinet.  When I put my spindle sander on the lift it was shaky and didn't like the weight.  I took it apart and I am making drawers instead.  The sander weighs 52lbs, and the lift could barely handle the weight,  I was disappointed the lift did not work.  I am curious, do you think it is going to work for you?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

Great video, and very cool out feed table!   I do have a question, do you think the appliance lift is stable enough for work?  I just copied, stole, borrowed your idea for a cabinet.  When I put my spindle sander on the lift it was shaky and didn't like the weight.  I took it apart and I am making drawers instead.  The sander weighs 52lbs, and the lift could barely handle the weight,  I was disappointed the lift did not work.  I am curious, do you think it is going to work for you?

I've worked off of it a bit since I put it in without any issues.  The lift is rated at about 60 pounds.  They also make a soft close version and that might boost the weight capacity a bit?

3 minutes ago, TIODS said:

I've worked off of it a bit since I put it in without any issues.  The lift is rated at about 60 pounds.  They also make a soft close version and that might boost the weight capacity a bit?

I tried my Tormek  on them too, and it was same problem.  I might be paranoid but they just didn't seem strong/stable enough.  Oh well, I will figure out something or just convince my wife I bought them for her mixer.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JosephThomas said:

I would imagine it depends on how big of a stick you are trying to use on the sander... Little parts are probably fine, but once the wood weighs 10 pounds or more it seems dicy.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ultimately, that's why the planer didn't end up there.  It held just fine but, I wouldn't have felt too comfortable with a large chunk of lumber on it.  The spindle sander doesn't seem to be an issue tho.  I considered putting the Tormek on it like Bob mentioned but, I use that more for the lathe tools so wanted it closer to the lathe.  I didn't see the weight as an issue.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bushwacked said:

haha I like the intro there! How many hours of sanding did you have to put in to get this wrapped up?

Looks amazing though! When we will get to see the planer stand hooked up to the table to see how that goes?

I did a lot of the sanding as I went but, there was quite a bit of sanding to do to the top because I'd been working off of it. 

I've got the planer cart videos pretty much ready to go so, will probably release those next.  I think there's 3 in that build.  I have used the planer cart at the table and it really works well!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TIODS said:

I did a lot of the sanding as I went but, there was quite a bit of sanding to do to the top because I'd been working off of it. 

I've got the planer cart videos pretty much ready to go so, will probably release those next.  I think there's 3 in that build.  I have used the planer cart at the table and it really works well!

Oh awesome! Cant wait to see this because that is an awesome idea hooking it into the OF table! 

8 hours ago, CandorLush said:

Kev, clearly you made the Rev-A Shelf work for you but did you keep looking for others to see if there was one that could take more weight? 

Nope..  To be honest, I just didn't have time because of my work schedule.  In the end, it all worked out well.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, estesbubba said:

That outfeed table is awesome Kev! I take it your next tool purchase isn't a new table saw...

No..  That saw is only a couple years old and I really like it.  Fortunately, most saws are pretty close to the same height anyway.  Plus, I can lift that table a bit with the levelers if needed.