OF/Work Table

..Kev

12 hours ago, mat60 said:

Table is looking great. The lift is cool and can be a pain to install.

The lift is a super easy install!

11 hours ago, wdwerker said:

Looking great Kev ! 

Have you given any thought to being able to move that beast to your next shop ? Moving my huge outfeed table took 4 men . Luckily it was just straight into the truck and straight out.

Yeppers!  The top is removable so, that should reduce some of the weight.  Also, I have French doors into the shop so, plenty of room.  Still going to be heavy but, so will the bench ;)

5 minutes ago, C Shaffer said:

Lots of depth left in that drawer...

Indeed!  Those drawers on the left are an awesome size!  I could have probably got an extra drawer in over there but, with the exception of what you see in this one, I wasn't 100% sure of what was going in them.

Just now, C Shaffer said:

@TIODS some hardboard and a lifting loop would let you put some little used stuff underneath. 

Thought about that as well but, that will probably be my most accessed drawer so, don't want that in the way.  That idea may very well come in handy in the other drawers tho!

• Like 2

A thing of beauty.  The custom drawer fit is just one of the benefits of building your own.  Could you talk a little bit about the t-track along the front and what it does for you?  I'm a hybrid woodworker and have no problem using an auto-adjust toggle clamp as a holddown while I plane something.  I'm always open to other ways of doing things and so often pick things up from others.  You will enjoy that outfeed for many years to come.

Kev, really impressive and I like the work around for the drawer.  I do have a question unrelated to the build.  What type of stove do you have for heating your shop?  It doesn't appear that you have a pipe connected for exhaust, which seems odd, unless it goes straight through the wall and not noticeable. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Woodenskye said:

Kev, really impressive and I like the work around for the drawer.  I do have a question unrelated to the build.  What type of stove do you have for heating your shop?  It doesn't appear that you have a pipe connected for exhaust, which seems odd, unless it goes straight through the wall and not noticeable. 

Thanks!

The stove is a pellet stove.  It does have a pipe, it just goes straight out the back tho.  That stove is 63k BTUs and on a thermostat so, by the time I get my coffee in the morning, the shop is plenty warm.

1 hour ago, TIODS said:

Thanks!

The stove is a pellet stove.  It does have a pipe, it just goes straight out the back tho.  That stove is 63k BTUs and on a thermostat so, by the time I get my coffee in the morning, the shop is plenty warm.

Thanks Kev for the reply, I figured it went through the wall, just wasn't sure.