OF/Work Table

..Kev

39 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

Good video, Kev and the table is looking great ! Looks like your buddy Ray and you both buy your clothes from the same place and you both get your mustaches trimmed at the same place ! You're twins !!

until Ray spoke I thought it was some sort of montage!

now for a (probably) stupid question, why not route the groove for the T-Track before the glue up?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SimonR said:

until Ray spoke I thought it was some sort of montage!

now for a (probably) stupid question, why not route the groove for the T-Track before the glue up?

Could have and maybe should have..  Forgot to be honest.  Was still pretty easy to do on the smaller slabs.

Good video, Kev and the table is looking great ! Looks like your buddy Ray and you both buy your clothes from the same place and you both get your mustaches trimmed at the same place ! You're twins !!

Hahaha!

Videos are getting better and better as well! Keep it up

Table is looking great so far!

Also on the pic. What made that cabinet such a PITA?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bushwacked said:

Hahaha!

Videos are getting better and better as well! Keep it up emoji106.png

Table is looking great so far!

Also on the pic. What made that cabinet such a PITA?

I missed the measurement by about 1/32 (too tall) and it supports the top.  Hand planes and sanding of the base area until the cabinet fit correctly.

I have some friends in from out of town today so, don't expect to get much work done on it.  I'll at least get the top bolted down.

Nice work, Kev.!

What leg levelers are you using?

Your work schedule sounds grueling. Mostly because it interferes with my ogling of internet woodworking, but I imagine it's pretty tough for you too...;)

I have a good friend down who lives in "Red Stick", and I would suggest you get in touch while you're down there, but he's not into woodworking in any shape or form. In fact, he's not really into anything that requires tools...unless you consider a remote control or a garden trowel to be a tool. Har, har,... har, har, har...gosh I crack me up...:wacko:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chet K said:

Is the section on the right for drawers?  It looks to be pretty shallow.

Yes, and yes, they are shallow.  The glides will only be 8 inches but, I knew this in the design.  The plans for those drawers will be fastener storage so, should be ok.

14 minutes ago, trialbyfire said:

What you have done in 13 calendar days, with a major holiday included, would have taken me at least a month - month and a half to accomplish. And you're making videos of the process as well. I really do enjoy watching your work come together. Your table looks great too.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thanks!  In all fairness, I am getting a lot of hours in the shop right now.  Having a plan definitely helps!

27 minutes ago, bushwacked said:

looking awesome! Are the short rails just taking their sweet time getting there or just have not yet bought them?

Is there anything going in the gap above the drawer cabinet?

They just arrived..  Amazon never arrives when promised because I live in a rural area..  All good tho, I plan for that.

The gap above the cabinet is for the hold fasts in the top.  That space is on purpose much like it is in my bench as well.

• Like 1