OF/Work Table

..Kev

4 minutes ago, Brendon_t said:

California?  liar!  is too green.  

Have you considered  using one corner as a downdraft Sanding area?  seems like it would be a pretty simple addition. 

It's CA I swear!  It had actually rained the day before I shot that video.  I've been here for 160 days and have seen rain one time.

No, I hadn't considered that to be honest.  It's certainly something to consider.

1 minute ago, Woodenskye said:

Kev great video and explanation of the project.  Quick question, depending on the width won't the chop on the leg vise interfere with the storage cabinets? 

That potential is there..  The chop will be a bit more narrow to account for that.  As well, the cabinet will have a face frame and the drawers will be inset so, that will buy me some room as well.

Thanks!

Great video, Kev. This is super exciting to have the project journal in video ! Its nice to have videos on here from a member of the community and not just some youtube pimp finding the forum and using it as part of their marketing scheme. Thanks for taking the time to do this, Kev, i will following along every step of the way. 

• Like 1

Great job! Taking build video's to a whole new level! 

What will you be using for wood?

Regarding the down draft table suggestion above. I built one into my out feed table but since going to Festool sanders I have not used it. If I ever replace the out feed table it will be gone because I am sick of small parts (typically hardware) falling into it ;)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

Great job! Taking build video's to a whole new level! 

What will you be using for wood?

Regarding the down draft table suggestion above. I built one into my out feed table but since going to Festool sanders I have not used it. If I ever replace the out feed table it will be gone because I am sick of small parts (typically hardware) falling into it ;)

Thanks!

Will mostly be maple with the exceptions of the cabinets which will be ply.

I'm having similar thoughts with the down draft idea.  Because I have the CT there as well as a CV drop and the fact that I use mostly FT stuff, I'm just not sure I'd really use a down draft table.  However, It is worth considering.

26 minutes ago, Chet K said:

Good video Kev.  Looking forward to watching this come together.  Think you'll have it done before you hit the road again?

Going to be a real stretch!  15 days and there's a holiday in there..  I doubt it will be done but, should only be details left when I come home for Christmas I hope.