OF/Work Table

..Kev

7 minutes ago, xxdabroxx said:

Do you find that your are generally happy with orders from Bell?  I've been thinking about using them in the future, I've got some projects coming up that they would be useful for.

Overall, yes!  On my chair project, they sent me a couple pieces that were not useable.  However, they were super quick to respond to my note and get the lumber replaced.  On this particular order, the process was painless but, I haven't actually gotten home yet to inspect the lumber.  You guys have seen the same pictures as I have.

I will say that I had zero hesitation ordering from them.

• Like 1

That's good to hear, currently I only have home depot as a source for lumber and I'll empty every board out to see if the one in the back looks better.  Not saying much though as there still is little to choose from.  I'm sure just about anything Bell would send me would be better and cheaper than there. 

1 hour ago, Chet K said:

That pile of wood looks like it will give the new planner a good test, drum sander too.

I think I'm actually going to do all the initial milling on the old planer..  Knives are in good shape so, let's see if we can kill that one before cranking up the new one ;)

1 hour ago, bushwacked said:

Also was thinking about this the other day I have not seen many, if any, solid wood outfeed tables. Maybe I've just missed them? Excited to see something besides sheet goods. emoji106.png

Well, to be honest, a solid table for and OF table is a massive overkill.  Typically, an OF table only needs to support material coming off the TS so, there's just no need to over build them.  However, in my case, this is also my primary work area even tho I do have a bench.  

1 hour ago, Chestnut said:

I'm excited to see this build come together Kev. Now that i have more hand tools I'm realizing how inept my benches are so watching builds gives me motivation.

You just must have a decent bench when it comes to hand tools because it makes the process more enjoyable!  If you're constantly fighting table wobble and clamping ability, you're much less likely to continue with the hand tools.