Free Qtr Sawn oak 6/4 6" boards Atlanta

socoj2

i have about 200 board feet left from a project im not going to use and id rather see someone else use it rather than me store it.

What i dont want is someone to take it then resell it. I know you guys will put it to good use. I dont care if you make a project and sell it. Just dont resell the wood.

I texted Vince the offer first so he has first right of refusal.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, socoj2 said:

i have about 200 board feet left from a project im not going to use and id rather see someone else use it rather than me store it.

What i dont want is someone to take it then resell it. I know you guys will put it to good use. I dont care if you make a project and sell it. Just dont resell the wood.

PM wdwerker, he's close and will no doubt be  very interested.

I thought I might as well throw my hat in the ring. I'm up in Gville SC so I'm not a ridiculous ways away. Is the offer still open?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, socoj2 said:

I live in LaGrange. I am going to Atlanta this weekend. I'd love to have it!

34 minutes ago, socoj2 said:

If vinny doesnt pick it up by then. its yours =P

I'm sorry. I didn't pick up on that. If Vinny spoke first then it's his. If it doesn't work out let me know. Great idea offering it to forum members first. 

• 3 weeks later...
Don't leave Texas

BBQ in Texas, and BBQ in the real South, are two completely different things.

Where I am, if it isn't pork, whole-hog, and slow-cooked over hickory coals until it falls off the bone, it isn't BBQ. Any similarly-prepared meat is considered a BBQ-like concoction, and the title "BBQ" must always be followed by a descriptive qualifier, i.e. "chicken", "beef", "turkey", "balogne".

• Like 1

I don't cook it myself, but a great-uncle used to raise hogs, and we always cooked one for the annual family reunion, until he retired. It was a full weekend thing, everyone bringing a dish to add. The hog spent 24 hours over the coals, and an equal time was spent stirring a 50 gallon wash kettle of stew. Nobody left hungry. Sleepy, and maybe a little hung over, but never hungry. At one point, over 200 folks were attending. His generation is almost all gone now, but the family still gathers for food and fellowship every July, at a park just down the road from my place.

As for the balogne, there is an old-fashion meat market near where I work, that makes it. They do a buffet lunch on weekdays. They place the whole stick of balogne inside the hog as it cooks, to absorb the flavor. Then they serve a 4/4 slice on a 7 inch bun. With hot sauce and coleslaw, it is absolutely delicious. I only go there once or twice a year, because the sandwich alone is almost enough to out me into a coma.

• Like 2