Okay you mugs.

RichardA

1 hour ago, K Cooper said:

We are good so far with just the 5" of rain this morning. Supposed to get the heavies tonight and tomorrow. I think @Steve B Anderson west of here, closer to Austin, has gotten more than we have so far. All of this anticipation calls for a cold one;)

Is the water still rising there? I know you had water in your garage earlier today

No, it barely crept in under the garage doors but receded quickly. There is a huge band of rain that is on the sw side of town dropping 3-5" of rain per hour and is moving east at 4 mph, according to the weatherman. That's moving way too slow to be good and it is tracking. Gonna be a long night. My wife's sister lives not too far from here and her drainage is a lot better than ours so we're going to watch and may be relocating later tonight. Are you guys still getting rain? 

Opps, thought this was a pm. 

15 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

No, it barely crept in under the garage doors but receded quickly. There is a huge band of rain that is on the sw side of town dropping 3-5" of rain per hour and is moving east at 4 mph, according to the weatherman. That's moving way too slow to be good and it is tracking. Gonna be a long night. My wife's sister lives not too far from here and her drainage is a lot better than ours so we're going to watch and may be relocating later tonight. Are you guys still getting rain? 

Opps, thought this was a pm. 

Yep still raining. Looks like it going to last awhile too. According to the radar it's heading straight for me.

2 hours ago, K Cooper said:

We ended up spending the night at sil last night. I returned to the house a few minutes ago and wet carpet is all we got. I can live with that. Yeah, the garage is my shop. Water got over the front ledge of the slab but all major tools are on casters. But we have 3-4 more days of the same. Half of Houston still has 3' of water covering it. Thanks everyone for their well wishes. 

Glad to hear from you today. Was worried about you last night driving.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Marmotjr said:

Well, at least your airport is still functioning:

21077466_10154669704671571_6947065665040

Hoping you all are ok down there. 

Funny you say that. Our close to downtown airport was closed for a while due to flooding and both airports were under tornado warnings later, at the same time. 

Coop, if you can get out of Houston, that would be the best thing. been there done that. (Florida, many hurricanes)

be safe, don't do anything dumb!!!!  staying in place can be a bad thing in the aftermath.

thinking about you and all the people in Texas. be safe, and smart!!!!!

this storm is a BAD thing!

• Like 1