Okay you mugs.

RichardA

If your gas comes from Houston you might want to fill up tonight or tomorrow morning. We're starting to run out of gas here in DFW. 

50 minutes ago, wdwerker said:

Chick-fil-a !  I remember my aunt would bring us chicken sandwiches from the original store when I was a boy. Then they started opening mall stores and eventually free standing stores. I guess I'm just lucky to have them available for most of my life.

My wife's addicted to their chicken biscuits. :)

Thanks Terry. I read it here before I saw it on tv this morning!! It was not really an explosion (yet), although the news people first said that it was. Now they're saying it was a controlled vent of some cylinders, but yet it sent 10 first responders to the hospital!

• Like 1

I would say putting people in hospital is serious. They are probably playing it down. The owner said as the power was off the cooling of whatever volatile chemicals they have on site could not be maintained and they will overheat. "So there is nothing we can do about it"

Gulp!!

• Like 2

I just watched this - talk about perspective. Hard to imagine that much water. 

http://www.9news.com/news/local/next/how-much-snow-would-we-be-getting-in-colorado-in-place-of-texas-50-inches-of-rain/469290514?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_content=59a789cb19694a00077fb560&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

Now, his report was based on 7 trillion gallons of water falling in S TX. The last report I saw put the total around 27 trillion gallons. Using his formula, that would mean it would take 14 months for that much water to flow over Niagara Falls.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, kungsleden said:

And now, Irma is building up. My wife has been following hurricanes the last couple of weeks. Apparently, Irma may be headed our way (Carolinas), and is a 4 at the moment. I googled quickly and I think my wife is a bit over-imagining. Still, Irma could be very nasty.

There's days MN doesn't seem so bad...but I do love the ocean and beaches 

53 minutes ago, RichardA said:

It's kinda odd, the American computer models claim Irma is going up the eastern seaboard.  The computer models in Europe claim it's going under Cuba and into the Gulf.    Wonder which one is correct.  I hate the way we have to find out.

The U.S. just put up a new satellite about a year ago and when the testing is done and it is fully operational it is supposed to eliminate almost all the guess work for storms like these.